Terminal Server Licensing

I have one licensing server. Under that server I have 50 device licenses. Does anybody know how can I delete some of the licenses so I can use them for different devices.

If I go to Terminal services licensing tool in Windows I can only deactivate the licensing server but not the licenses on the server.

If anybody knows how can I delete the licenses, please share the knowledge.

Thanks,

Steve

I have a freind that ran into the same thing. After much calling around and researching he found out that he can't.

He bought them all at the same time and found out they all need to stay together and he couldn't break them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you mean "Device" License?

Catwalker is right, the client access licence is for terminal server.

The per seat option should have been used, as all the clients should have there own licence.

It's not really such a big issue. You could reinstall the licenses and set licencing to issue per device as apposed to per user. if your using terminals in a lab this would prob be your best bet. I wouldn't recommend using per user as every user that logs in will need a CAL and seeing as you only have 50 that's a problem.

youre prob thinking about now "well what if it issues a TEMP licence" if youre using terminals there should be an option to request CAL on logon or something to that effect. ( depending of course what terminals youre using -- if your using terminals--)

Because it's such a small number of CAL's I would fire them up and make sure all licences got issued as it should. IF you need to come in remote TSL will issue a TEMP licence

Minus Human