Whats really needed for install?

Nologic

What files can we get away with ripping out of the base driver set and still have a functioning card.

hehe I know thats a rather broad question.

But like help (hlp) files should generally be okay to remove, same for text files....but what about Catalog (cat) files...are they realy required if your not needing signed drivers...what about Config (cfg)....so on and so forth.

I'm just looking to get my UA to cover a lot of hardware and have up and running in basic form really quick...so the smaller the compressed archive is that I have to copy over and decompress for PNP the faster it will be...post base install I can always run a batch to fully install the required drivers and thier toys.

Any thoughts or idea's?

• 1 month later...

I came across some batch files a few months ago to trim the base install stuff down. Way down.

Just drop the individual .cmd files in your base XPCD directory and execute them. I trimmed just the Windows stuff down to around 300MB. You can check out what they do by opening them up in Notepad.

I can't remember where I downloaded them from for the life of me though, so...

REMOVE_1.zip

I came across some batch files a few months ago to trim the base install stuff down.  Way down.

Just drop the individual .cmd files in your base XPCD directory and execute them.  I trimmed just the Windows stuff down to around 300MB.  You can check out what they do by opening them up in Notepad.

I think these files come from Jdeboeck's Windows XP in 185 MB

link: http://jdeboeck.msfnhosting.com

I came across some batch files a few months ago to trim the base install stuff down.  Way down.

Just drop the individual .cmd files in your base XPCD directory and execute them.  I trimmed just the Windows stuff down to around 300MB.  You can check out what they do by opening them up in Notepad.

I think these files come from Jdeboeck's Windows XP in 185 MB

link: http://jdeboeck.msfnhosting.com

And that it is.

I knew it looked familiar because it the menu doesn't work correctly in Firefox. :)

Thx, but by trim down the files, when it came to copying files, I get alot of missing File message...

I know those are the files that I deleted, but is there anyway to came across this?

so it completely unattended without pressing ESC all the way?

any help will be appearciated....