Boot screen problem

Well, i read a lot of tutorial but WTF, it's buggy. I'll try with reshack and the color doesn't fit, ill' try with booteditor and the color doesn't match, some picture is not the one i've loaded. If i try to export my palette created with photoshop or psp it's juste put an all black palette in the software and this doesn't work... Well my question is it. My is the best, the simplest and the most effience way to create a boot file.

THX

just download one :)

use style xp to set a boot screen, then grab the kernel1.exe that it places in %windir%\system32

i think for the boot screens you have to save the image as 8-bit bitmap (using mspaint) if you want to make your own

if you used Booteditor (the program I believe mentiond in the sticky thread) be sure you transfer the pallette as well....

If you use RESHACK, you HAVE to use the native pallete unless you want to go hexing.....

Also be sure you're replacing the correct bitmap....

If you want, post a link to your picture, and I can make a kernel for you, or if I find time, make a step by step tutorial.....(I'm working on the Multiboot one at the moment, as well as rebuilding my disc from scratch.....or then updating the multiboot dvd......and then debugging the new directx patch.....and hopefully SP2 doesn't magically appear in this schedule....)

or if I find time, make a step by step tutorial.....

personally i would like a good tutorial on how 2 do it :)

ive followed the instructions from a post & soon as it loads the new kernel & reboots the os (XP on vmware) never loads, i think its something in the boot.ini file, but as i said, ive followed the instructions

:rolleyes:

BootScreen Post i followed: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9878

regards

well my picture is now great but im not sure i understand the things about palette for the loading bar... and do you know if they have a way to modify more things about the loading kernel file... thanks

@my2001

this has nothing to do with uxtheme.dll.

It deals with ntoskrnl.exe and there is definately going to be another one, but most people are going to recreate their disk anyways when it comes out....

Yep in fact !

I want to make a huge customized windows. For the time i'ts Called WiuxOS because i work to not just add software but integrate new things directly in the interface. repair some bad of XP and add some feature that linux have. In fact i don't have a lot of third party software in my OS. I want to improve WindowsXP my own way by coding amelioration and integrate them.

And i'ts ok for the boot screen problems i'ts just because the microsoft limitation suck but now i can work with it.