Fix start menu..

Rick

Okay, this is no major issue but it one of those things that gets to me. My start menu has two sides...one with older installs separated by all the office suite icons and then another side with my newer apps on there. I just want one single start menu with all apps in alphabetical order so I can find any one them quickly. I have tried TweakXP and it alphabatizes but does not move the apps from one side to the other. Take a look at the pic below to understand what I mean.

Rick

***me falls dead to the floor at the sight of Rick's HUGE start menu!***

You need a serious tidy up! I bet its an annoying fidget to move your mouse to the folder on the far right without accidently opening any other folders! I only have 6 folders in my start menu. I usually put my popular programs on the quick launch bar to keep the start menu small.

Haha...knew you guys would have something to say about my start menu...need to clean it up but for now...Aaron gave me a very simple way to get it all alphabetical.

Just for reference: To tidy up your start menu...start->right click in start menu->sort by name. So darn easy but I like everything else in XP, I missed it.

Rick:eek:

Forgive me for this question, but I really don't know it.

Tell me please, where I need to put my shortcuts files to see them on the "[b:d2933975f4]quick launch[/b:d2933975f4]".

I just never thought about it before.

One more question, before I instaled, say 15 Apps my menu was O.K.

But after that menu devides itself somehow. So, when you open it you can't see all of it, until you press on the arrows at the bottom of the menu or it'll open itself in a second two. You can see it on this image [b:d2933975f4]Desktop2.jpg[/b:d2933975f4]. And [b:d2933975f4]Desktop3.jpg[/b:d2933975f4] is the image after press on the arrows. On this image you will see over & under the OutlookExpress, it seems to be Pressed.

You wiil find this files here >> ftp://213.123.140.137 <<

actually I've just set this Server up. After reading in the [b:d2933975f4]General Discussion > FTP uploader?[/b:d2933975f4] post. I didn't know that it so easy.

I put the Server on line now for you to see the files

and [b:d2933975f4]please let me know by post in here or e-mailing, if it's working[/b:d2933975f4]. I haven't got any friends now to test it. Because in their country is 4a.m. in the morning now.

Oh i didn't finish the question, sorry. Here it is. How to make all menu to show up always, when you put you mouse over Programms?

thanks...

[b:d2933975f4]P.S.[/b:d2933975f4]Sorry for such a complex writing. English is not my Mother tongue.

Again me... If the server will be off. It meens I switched off PC. I just atached [b:172e05255d]Desktop2.jpg[/b:172e05255d] to the previous post and [b:172e05255d]Desktop3.jpg[/b:172e05255d] to this one.

But anyway if it's not difficult for you to press the link and tell me if it's working, I would appreciate it. ftp://213.123.140.137

Thanks...