Can I compress 1.5 GB on 700 MB CD

Dear Friends, I want to put lots of software on my Unattended Cd and the programs I wanna put are 1.5 GB apprx and the CD I have 700 MB , Is there and way that I can Compress these programs and put them on this CD ??Thx

Yazan

Also compress your drivers, this can save alot of space too!

Use 7zip, with following settings:

-archive type: 7z

-self extractable (sfx)

-compression : ultra (might take some time!)

How to use?

Add in your winnt.sif, under [GUIUnattended]

DetachedProgram="Drivers.exe"

Arguments="-y /q /r:n"

@ yazanaswad & Bâshrat the Sneaky

check this :

http://www.divxland.org/mode2cd.htm or

http://xcd.sourceforge.net/

It tells it works only for audio/video streams but the gui I'm using let me burn every kind of files. I've never test it but you can try with a re-writable cd. There's only a problem: this mode needs some drivers to work and I'm not sure you can use it with a clean install.. It should work if you install your new O.S. on an O.S. that has the drivers to read CD-XA.

i'm interested in the section about compressing the drivers i've never heard about that and search shows too many threads. anyone can explain it step by step or post the link to the original thread??

compress your "Drivers" folders and make it self extracting (with silent extract mode).. make it extract to

%systemdrive%\Drivers

test it to make sure your drivers get extracted to "%systemdrive%\Drivers" so your driver paths will still be

"Drivers\001_chipset;Drivers\002_GART"

etc etc...

put the Drivers.exe in your $OEM$ folder and in winnt.sif, set

DetachedProgram=Drivers.exe

yeah it works good... i got my 167mb of drivers down to 32mb! :)

add that on top of nLite and officeshrink, everything fits on one disk for me :rolleyes:

- xp pro sp2 rc1 ; dx9.0b ; mp9 ; office2k3 ; nero ultra ; pdvd5 ; clonecd ; clonedvd ; anydvd ; acroread ; cdex ; adaware ; lansearch ; winamp5 ; tweakui ; daemon3.46 ; isobuster ; k-lite mega ; winrar3.3 ; windows themes ; backgrounds ; boot screen ; 163mb worth of drivers == 684mb iso file