SP2 Unattended

well currently i'm building an unattended cd with sp1 slipstreamed my questions is: the changes i did to uxtheme.dll TXTSETUP.SIF svcpack.inf DOSNET.INF may revert in a bad slipstreming of SP2?? how many space more in the install cd will it take?? i haven't test it yet because the beta releases are still in english. in conclusion how many things i've changed in the sp1 installation will need a fix when slipstreaming sp2??

A new service pack WILL overwrite those files. ANytime you make an unattended cd you should always document what you have done step_by_step so you can do the same steps later if you have to.

-gosh

i integrated the SP2 RC1 build 2096 (i think that was the build) into my already configurred unattend SP1 installation...

i had to change a few things:

svcpack.inf - didn't need it anymore (couldn't get the SP2 RC1 hotfixes to install via that method anyway)

uxtheme.dll - had to download a sp2 rc1 build 2096 version (search google for the correct uxtheme.dll for your build of sp2)

size is about the same :)

after you delete all the hotfixes and use nLite to take out some of the garbage, it works out to roughly the same size (my working sp2 unattend cd is only 650mb, with office2k3, nero6, pdvd5, adobe reader6, k-lite mega, blah blah blah)

everything else worked the same i only had to delete the svcpack.inf and change the uxtheme.dll (the old winntbbu.dll still works even)

Crusher,Jun 3 2004, 10:57 PM]i integrated the SP2 RC1 build 2096 (i think that was the build) into my already configurred unattend SP1 installation...

i had to change a few things:

svcpack.inf - didn't need it anymore (couldn't get the SP2 RC1 hotfixes to install via that method anyway)

uxtheme.dll - had to download a sp2 rc1 build 2096 version (search google for the correct uxtheme.dll for your build of sp2)

size is about the same :)

after you delete all the hotfixes and use nLite to take out some of the garbage, it works out to roughly the same size (my working sp2 unattend cd is only 650mb, with office2k3, nero6, pdvd5, adobe reader6, k-lite mega, blah blah blah)

everything else worked the same i only had to delete the svcpack.inf and change the uxtheme.dll (the old winntbbu.dll still works even)

I have a few questions.

svcpack.inf - didn't need it anymore (couldn't get the SP2
I didin't find one in my build named that? I have a file w/ the same name "_" I'm not installing hotfixes. So is it safe to delete this file?
uxtheme.dll

I tried to apply a default theme. Maybe this is why it doesn't work? The SP2 v2096 replaces it. What? The original one will apply the themes?

after you delete all the hotfixes and use nLite to take out some of the garbage

What is this? A Program that you can use? It will delete un-needed files?

Also, I had a few files come up missing. They started w/ IRxxx.ax? I have know idea what these are. There are about six of them that come up. I just skip them and all is fine.

svcpack.inf - didn't need it anymore (couldn't get the SP2

I didin't find one in my build named that? I have a file w/ the same name "_" I'm not installing hotfixes. So is it safe to delete this file?

He slipped SP2 into his Unattended source. He added the Pre-Sp2 hotfixes using SVCPACK.INF. Since he added SP2, it was no longer needed. Typically, if it is .in_ that is is a blank file. Shouldn't matter if you delete it, Especially if it's 0kb in size.

uxtheme.dll

I tried to apply a default theme. Maybe this is why it doesn't work? The SP2 v2096 replaces it. What? The original one will apply the themes?

He had to rereplace a modified UXTHEME.DLL to the version of SP2 that he was using so that he could use nonmicrosoft themes. You will need to do the same. the SP1 uxtheme.dll file will not work with SP2. The only themes you can apply in XP without replacing uxtheme.dll are the ones provided by default with XP (Luna and Classic).

after you delete all the hotfixes and use nLite to take out some of the garbage

What is this? A Program that you can use? It will delete un-needed files?

Also, I had a few files come up missing. They started w/ IRxxx.ax? I have know idea what these are. There are about six of them that come up. I just skip them and all is fine.

the IRxxx.a are most likely the Indeo Codecs. They aren't in Sp2 but the entries in TXTSETUP.SIF are still there. You can either safely disregard them, or modify TXTSETUP.SIF and remove the offending lines.

As for nLite, http://nuhi.msfnhosting.com/