unattended Window media player 10 setup?

I have it working with a slipstreamed XP SP2 cd with media player 9 installed by default & System Restore disabled upon setup & in my Apps.bat file (which is executed at logon) I have the following code

ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %windir%\Apps\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"
ECHO Finished

Tried & Tested - Works perfectly! B)

I have it working with a slipstreamed XP SP2 cd with media player 9 installed by default & System Restore disabled upon setup & in my Apps.bat file (which is executed at logon) I have the following code

ECHO Installing Windows Media Player 10
ECHO Please wait...
start /wait %windir%\Apps\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N"
ECHO Finished

Tried & Tested - Works perfectly!  B)

many thanks!!!

It works perfectly now :D

Quick question. I read on MSFN guide that this can be installed via RunOnce, like all my other programs. What I am wondering, is does it have to copy to the hard drive to install? Or can I run it from the CD? Currently it copies over, if I read the command correctly.

REG ADD %KEY%\136 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\136 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\WindowsMediaPlayer\mediaplayer10.exe /q:A /c:\"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore\"" /f

It is supposedly running the installer from the CD, but actually extracting somewhere (normally %temp%) and then run the install.

So the above command specifies where we want it to extract temporarily, and then run. So it does copy the files over.

hey guys!

MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /P:#e"

this line works! except i extracted the exe to a folder and created a sfx archive and pasted this:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /P:#e"
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

works fine for me

That thing has been a big annoyance. Just have it install itself unattended, and then these registry tweaks applied thru cmdlines.txt:

WMP9 and 10 (for Setup, eliminate the first-run screen)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"AcceptedPrivacyStatement"=dword:00000001
"FirstRun"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsMediaPlayer]
"GroupPrivacyAcceptance"=dword:00000001