Common tasks bar appears desktop

dlhartmann

BAH --- I need your help. The common tasks bar that accompanies the explore window is on my desktop. How do I get rid of it?

I also need to know how to configure the user profiles to allow users on my domain to edit their desktop. For some reason the DESKTOP is disabled and grayed out.

What to do! Any ideas :)

On my desktop is a bar on the left side of the background. It is much lilke when I open the my documents folder in XP. It has expandable headed sections called Tasks, Other Places and details. It is called a common tasks bar. It is what shows a thumbnail and properties of files when you hover over an icon.

This bar appears on my desktop and I cannot seem to get rid of it.

Help

I tried right clicking on it for the speed menu, but there was no response. I have also looked at the desktop settings to see if I had enable some kind of Web active desktop. But that wasn't it either.

Please advise? :)

post-7-1025620253_thumb.jpg

I would like people to take a look at the screen shot above and see if they have ever crossed this scenario befor. Please get back to me anyone with ideas on the issue discussed here. I still haven't found a solution.

The screenshot is small, but:

It looks like the standard "my computer" view of any folder. Check your explorer settings.

Or, right-click on the quicklaunch bar. Select "toolbars" and uncheck any you don't want.