Far Cry

pimp_gimp

Hey I was wondering for those of us gamers out there who went and bought that 3 gig+ (5 CDs)...what did you think? did you like the gameplay, storyline, etc....I for one didnt really get the story the 1st time had to play it a again in order to figure some things out.... but the gameplay is fun, kinda slow in some places though, but after nearly finishing it a second time...Im still working on it, I really enjoy the game more....and the graphics still just blow me away, and then I wonder if theres gonna be a sequel with the way it ended.

• 4 weeks later...

Very good game graphics and all. Just played it Multiplayer at a LAN party last weekend, and I must say it was the most fun I've had playing an FPS. Assault game mode is great; not the same as assault in UT/2K4, but very good none the less. Kind of like a twist on CTF. I also like that it's not as fast as UT, but alot faster than say BFV or BF1942.

The OIC gun just rocks.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a bril game! Had it a few days now, downloaded the 1.1 patch to make sure it ran smoothly. Its the most demanding game I've played, I cant run it on the very top settings, and i am keep AA settings low as well as the PC groans to cope after hours of play.

Playing it on high settings really does show off the lovely graphics, best yet I think. Also the AI is real clever for once, making it unhealthily addictive as you relentlessly persue the enemy.

Out of all my games its definitely the hardest! Keep getting stuck for a while after being killed over and over, even on easy mode. The checkpoint idea is fine, but not having the option to save when you want is really wasting my time right now!

Cant wait to try Multiplayer on broadband, bad news is it isnt installed til end of November :rolleyes: .

The Crytek engine will sure be popular after this performance, a great game overall , well worth £25! :)