MCSE requirments

Hi all..

I'm thinking to get the MCSE certification...i don't know anything about it....

does anybody know what kind of material it requires, and is it one exam or multiple???? i hope it is one... :)

by the way, i'm CCNA certified...does that help?

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

no need for college at all.. buy study guides and you can sit your test anytime.. there are multiple tests for different criteria of MCSE.. expect to pay around $200+ AUS per test..

currently studying for my MCSA.

As people suggested, study at home, buy study guides, visit websites (theres plenty all over the net)

some of the lower courses you can do at college / tech. or do some similar courses if its in areas your not as profficient, just to bump your abilities in that area of topic.

do the work at home, book yourself into an exam and off you go. start out by doing your A+ and N+ and then go on from there.

Currently doing my MCSE - just to warn you there is a lot of crap out there that people are willing to sell you for a lot of money.

I've passed my XP and 2003 Server (70-290) and so far the best method are books (home study) and a lot of effort and time. Don't get sucked in by 'the enrol on this course and be MCSE in 2 weeks or your money back'. If you read the T+C's there are a lot of catches and there are few people (I Know Anyway) who could retain the amount of info required to pass in that short space of time.

I am averaging about an exam a month with about 25-30 hours study a week. I have no life but hey the salary will increase once I am MCSE.

The Microsoft Training Kit books are good, they basically teach you what you need to know to pass the exam, syngress (syngress.com) do a great series but I have personally found the sybex books a waste of time. Too much info is not covered on the exam so you end up reading stuff you don't need hence wasting your time.

Exams are 100 GBP each (in the UK) and can be booked through prometric.com. I hope you find this info useful.

There is also a modular MSCE test, but there are still core requirements that need to be taken. Lots of study.. and lots of exams...

The Microsoft Official box sets for the courses are the best.... Currently learning W2k3 Server MCSE.

Bâshrat the Sneaky, (in dutch)

De testen kosten 5000 BEF per examen (een goeie 100 Euro dus).

Als je bv alle MCSE examens aflegt kost dat al gemakkelijk 500€.

Mijn werkgever heeft zoiets betaald  :)

Ahzo :rolleyes: Ni echt goeiekoop dus. Tzal tog voor later zijn dan... BTW van waar zijt ge?

(dutch)

thanks for the info