batch commands

hi everybody!

does anyone know which command to use for a batch file to show percentage of something when it's working? for example if i'm installing some applications and i want the batch file to show me how much of the installation has passed..is it possible? second thing..how do i change the colour of the fonts in a batch file..for an example i want the blue colour to be used in my batch file instead of the usual white one. Somebody?

Thanks In Advance

Cheers,

color is

COLOR xx

as for percentage, i think BucketBuster is refering to the percentage that is displayed when makecab is running.

As for showing the actual percentage, the best thing I can think of, would be periodically guestimate in your batch file, have it ECHO your percent.

ok, thanks guys! :)

But i was referring to a more complicated percantage showing, perhaps some kind of program...Isn't it possible to show the percentage of something in the batch file when it's executing?

i've never seen such a percentage program... how would it work anyway? it would have to know how long a particular piece of code (or app install) is going to take to give an accurate percentage read out... but this speed will depend on how fast the computer is, what mode you are running your batch file in (cmdlines.txt is a bit slower than through windows) etc etc etc...

if it's possible i'm sure a quick google search will give results... and if you do find one :) let us know :rolleyes: