K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.01 Help!

evilkwan

Im getting this error when the unattended installation of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.01 starts.. Does anyone know how i can fix it? or wat might cause this? or is there a way to Unload the iac25_32.ax before the k-lite mega codec pack installs?

error.jpg

if image dont work go to this link CLICK HERE TO SEE IT

cos something is using that file which doesnt allow the k-lite codec pack to overwrite it.. so i was think unloading that file would fix my problem..

someone help?

- Im using VMWARE Workstation 4 to test my unattended CD

- The OS is WinXP Pro

:)

my code is..

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Installing K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.01/f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\evil\Applications\Klitecodecp\klmcodec101.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-" /f

I wonder what would be trying to use it.

I know you can unregister the file with

regsvr32 /u iac25_32.ax

But that won't unload it. Maybe do some experimenting with trying to find the program using it? What happens when you click "Retry" same error, or does it continue? (if it continues, maybe a SLEEP 5 is in order)

wasn't indeo removed in SP1? or was it added?

I remember one install I did, I forget if it was SP1, or RTM, but i had to find the indeo codecs. But one had them, the other didn't. As far as I remember anyway

I think SP1 removed it, since there's a hotfix for SP1 to give it back :)

Apparently it's still gone in SP2, but there's a bug in the patcher and it's not being removed from txtsetup.sif. Ah well, I've got a bug report submitted so I guess we'll see MS has to say about it :rolleyes:

What happens when you click "Retry" same error, or does it continue? (if it continues, maybe a SLEEP 5 is in order)

when i click RETRY it still has the error.. i have to use IGNORE..

but i'll try making it the first file for unattended install n see how it goes..

thnx everyone for helping :)