Pre-SP3 hotfixes

Hi,

i already slipstreamed sp2rc1 on my xppro image and now im trying to slipstream the newest updates also.But I dont find (KB838904,KB838907,KB838909) them on microsoft.com , in spite of the fact that they are displayed on windows update. I also tried to access the windows update catalog, but i am getting all the time an error, which says that i am no admin, but i am one and i m logged in as one, when im trying to acess the catalog. So could someone say me please where to find this updates or send them to me per email.

Thanks a lot,

Erlkönig

Doing a search on Google reveals the following:

http://hanzzon.tk/WindowsUpdate.txt

All 3 KB (BETA) hotfixes are listed in the text file.

KB838904

KB838907

KB838909

As said initially, it appears they're not officially released, so it's up to you what you do with these links.

If they fail, try searching Google for KB838904 / KB838907 / KB838909.

However, what interests me is the path includes a folder v3-19990518 - hopefully this is to indicate the version of Windows Update and not the age of the files...

- stebie

yeah, wouldn't that really suck?

"umm....yeah...we were supposed to release these a few years ago, but the operating system that it was supposed to patch wasn't done yet, so decided not to."

Actually, I've found that I can access the internet during setup (specifically, after setup installs the network stuff), so the express updates might just work from svcpack.inf. It is worth a shot, anyway. :)

it is always worth a shot.

but then again, you're router will have to be configured for DHCP i think. Mine didn't work, but my network needs specific IPs assigned to each computer.

Meh, I'm content waiting for SP2 to go final before I start integrating hotfixes into it :D. Especially because a new build has already been released to testers (such as myself) - 2120. Of course, upgrading that on my laptop resulted in a dead machine (see my other thread in the WindowsXP forum), but that's another story altogether :):rolleyes: