ScanJet driver probs

strekship

I got an HP ScanJet 3200C and then i downloaded the winXP drivers from HP since the CD didn't support NT. Well, after compleating the install, it says to leave the cd in the drive even though i never used the cd. So i put it in and restart the computer and it says: This software does not support NT. What am i doing wrong?

try a restore point before you started playing with the drivers and try the downloaded drivers again. Or provide more information on exactly what you downloaded and what order you did things in.

-gosh

Step1: I hooked up my scanner to my computer. Then i hooked my deskjet 610c to my scanner.

Step2: I turn on my computer. It says "new hardware detected" so i had window look for drivers. it didn't find any.

Step3: I wento to HP.com and got the XP drivers for my scanjet.

Step4: I ran the file and it installed and asked me to put in my cd and restart. So i put in my cd.

Step5: My Computer restared and it gave me the message telling me that the software didn't support nt.

Step6: I did all of this over again exept i didn't put my cd in. It told me to put the cd in after the reboot.

did you do this:

KNOWN ISSUE:

On some systems, the scanner hardware may get into an error state that will keep the scanning software from finding the scanner. If your scanner still isn't found after installing this updated scanning software, please follow the directions below:

Unplug the power cable from the scanner.

Unplug the parallel cable(s) from the scanner.

Shut down the PC and wait for ten seconds.

Plug in the power cable to the scanner.

Plug in the parallel cable(s) to the scanner.

Power your PC on.

or download the 300k update on the site?

Otherwise you'll need to manually remove all printer/scanner drivers. Go into add/remove programs and remove anything HP. Then stop the printer spooler using services.msc and follow this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;EN-US;135406

the article says for xp you just need to go to server properties but sometimes that doesn't work. Follow the full article. When done, restart the printer spooler service. If that doesn't fix it, my only other thought would be to uninstall xp, remove any hp software, then upgrade to xp again.

-gosh