help with the unattended win xp installation

hey guys!

i need some help again with my unattended win xp installation because i'm stuck and can't seem to figure out what to do next. The problem i have is that when my win xp is installing it's starting by formatting the hard drive and then copying files to the computer and then restarts. After that when the installation begins and it shows up on the screen you can see that 3 of the 4 on the left side is filled in which i thought ment that the installation was going to do it all by itself, but then to my suprise the window were you are supposed to enter all the information shows up and you have to enter the information like a normal win xp installation. I've configured my winnt.sif file to enter all the information and i've used the deployment tool setupmgr.exe to do this but still i get the normal installation. What am i doing wrong?! :)

unattednedswitch is for oobe. (The welcome screen, to create your user and setup internet and register)

i think he's still in setup. He mentioned the three ticks on the side.

there could be a error in your winnt.sif file. Perhaps you have DefaultHide or something other then what you intended.

This is how my winnt.sif looks like..hope this helps :) I've double checked my file and everything seems to be right but then again i'm not a master in these things so maybe you guys can help me out here.. thx for all the replies :rolleyes:

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    AutoPartition=1    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]    UnattendMode=FullUnattended    OemSkipEula=Yes    OemPreinstall=Yes    TargetPath=\WINDOWS    UnattendSwitch=yes    Repartition=yes    WaitForReboot=No    KeyboardLayout=Swedish
[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword=*    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=110    OemSkipWelcome=1
[userData]    ProductKey=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX    FullName="XXXXX"    OrgName="XXXXX"    ComputerName=XXXXX
[Display]    BitsPerPel=32    Xresolution=1024    YResolution=768    Vrefresh=85
[TapiLocation]    CountryCode=46    Dialing=Tone    AreaCode=08
[RegionalSettings]    LanguageGroup=1    SystemLocale=0000041d    UserLocale=0000041d    InputLocale=041d:0000041d
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=MSHOME
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=No
[NetAdapters]    Adapter1=params.Adapter1
[params.Adapter1]    INFID=*
[NetClients]    MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient
[NetServices]    MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER
[NetProtocols]    MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP    MS_NWIPX=params.MS_NWIPX
[params.MS_TCPIP]    DNS=Yes    UseDomainNameDevolution=No    EnableLMHosts=Yes    AdapterSections=params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1
[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1]    SpecificTo=Adapter1    DHCP=Yes    WINS=No    NetBIOSOptions=0
[Components]    msmsgs=off    msnexplr=off    freecell=off    hearts=off    minesweeper=off    pinball=off    solitaire=off    spider=off    zonegames=off    Fax=off    Clipbook=Off
[params.MS_NWIPX]    VirtualNetworkNumber=00000000    AdapterSections=params.MS_NWIPX.Adapter1
[params.MS_NWIPX.Adapter1]    SpecificTo=Adapter1    PktType=0xFF    NetworkNumber=00000000
[branding]    BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes
[Proxy]    Proxy_Enable=0    Use_Same_Proxy=0

just because i haven't seen it...

are you using any sort of boot folders? Such as with Gosh's reduce source or a multiboot disc?

if you are, then the winnt.sif file should go in the boot folder and not I386.

I didn't see anything wrong, but I don't have my winnt.sif to compare against.

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]    Repartition=Yes    UnattendMode=FullUnattended    OemSkipEula=Yes    OemPreinstall=Yes    UnattendSwitch="Yes"    WaitForReboot="No"    TargetPath=\WINDOWS
[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword=*    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=85    OemSkipWelcome=1

Take out ----> AutoPartition=1

Put quotes---> UnattendSwitch="yes"

and put in the order as mine is....Hope this helps :)