Simple, easy & best online form

Hello, I have a group of collaborators in Telegram to whom I have proposed a Google form as a method to collect the personal data of each one, without greater technical claim.
I think it is easy to manage and free of charge is the best option.
However, among non -expert people I have found the opposition to use the tool because it is from Google.
It seems that there is a fear that Google can take the data and sell them.
I am not in favor of using Google tools that give problems such as Play Store or Google Services, but in this case I value that it is the best option and that the data is protected by law. I even think there is less possibility that the data is stolen from Google than to other online forms.

Do you see it in the same way?
Would you recommend another online form, simple, free and easy to manage?
They are asking if there are forms on free web pages made with open source.
I believe that this does not exist and if it exists it would be totally insecure, but just in case I ask.
I don't want to make a website and create my own database.
Thank you.

I have no idea if Google sells the information or not. Are these new people to the internet? Likely their data is already sold.

Personally, if it was a small bit of information, I wouldn't use a form or a database. Just send the information and store it manually on your local system. If the information is not supposed to be shared to everyone, there is no reason to host the data on a server.