thecavern

Logging into web sites requires the user name and password.

I can often click on the User Name and a list of "Saved Data" will appear.

For some reason that is not working when I bring up the log on form for Earthlink.net.

I've clicked on the Save Username box and that doesn't work. I looked at my cookie settings and I still can't get it to save my Username.

Any idea why it works on most web sites but not others ?

This function is browser based, not on the OS. In Firefox (at least) I think that if you ever put No or Never after logging into something it will not let you go back to being able to save it in the future. You may have to look into your saved logins list in the browser and clear the negative option from the list.

On 10/30/2023 at 6:12 PM, thecavern said:

I'm currently using Microsoft Edge.

What would be the procedure ?

Go to Settings (from the 3 dots menu, at the top right), then Profiles, then Passwords, then remove any website added to the never saved passwords list by clicking X. Then. the next time you login to a website, it will ask you to save username and password.

f-Ene-Dr-IUHB.png

Edited by mina7601
Fixed image link

5 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

In Firefox (at least) I think that if you ever put No or Never after logging into something it will not let you go back to being able to save it in the future. You may have to look into your saved logins list in the browser and clear the negative option from the list.

Actually, if you click "Don't save", it won't save your login, but it will ask you again to save it the next time you login. However, if you click "Never save", it won't save your login, and it also won't ask you again to save it the next time you login.

That method saves both the User Name (ID) AND password.

I don't want to save the password, just the User Name (or ID).

Other web sites do this for me. When the log on box appears and I click inside the User ID's it shows me one or more user ID's. it has saved.

The upper corner also shows "Saved Data"

I then can click on one of the IDs on the list that appears.

Jim

On 10/30/2023 at 1:46 PM, mina7601 said:

Go to Settings (from the 3 dots menu, at the top right), then Profiles, then Passwords, then remove any website added to the never saved passwords list by clicking X. Then. the next time you login to a website, it will ask you to save username and password.

f-Ene-Dr-IUHB.png

It shows as image not found.

That didn't work.

What I want to happen is for Earthlink to remember my User ID.  So when I click on the User ID/Email box, the "Saved Data" list shows and I can click on the ID.

For some reason, when logging in, clicking on "Remember Username" at the bottom doesn't work like it does on other web sites. No Saved Data list shows up.