.msstlyes can't be loaded in memory

I followed the guide making my own .theme file... For somehow the thingie doesn't accept my .msstyles file. When running the theme file it sais it cant load my theme-file into memory.

I found out it's my msstyles file becouse if I replace Luna/luna.msstyles with my .msstyles file and then run luna.theme it cant load luna.theme in memory.

Someone who has a clue? I love this theme so much and I really want it to get in my custom windows CD :)

Theme can be found here: http://www.themexp.org/preview.php?mid=159...+Shades+211.zip

(btw uxtheme.dll working fine, cause I can load in the visual style manually)

Could someone please get it to work??? Thanx a lot!

Metallic_Shades.theme

Metallic_Shades.theme

Well i think it will also be good, if some one actually tries to incorporate the Longhorn Slate 4051 Theme, it looks so cool, i'm currently am using it via WindowsBlinds and its awesome, dont know how to convert this .wba theme to .msstyles though,

Anyone got any creative ideas ?

Bye,

Jazz

good to know Jazz......

but there might already be a Slate theme out there.....

hmmm

perhaps the msstyle file is not in the proper place? like where the Theme file is looking?

have you tried manually going to appearance and see if it works?

Guuz, did you get it working yet? If not, try double-clicking the msstyles file. Normally, that will bring up the display properties/appearance tab. From there, you should be able to adjust that style and then from the themes tab, save your theme.

@Alanoll: As I said I can even replace the luna.msstlye in the luna theme. So it has to be in the right place for the luna theme but that gives the same error for that theme. So the .msstlye is the problem. Getting it appeared manually isn't a problem. Works perfect :)

@jrzycrim: Nice tip, will try tomorrow when I get back from work :rolleyes:

@Alanoll: As I said I can even replace the luna.msstlye in the luna theme. So it has to be in the right place for the luna theme but that gives the same error for that theme. So the .msstlye is the problem. Getting it appeared manually isn't a problem. Works perfect :)

I downloaded the theme from ThemeXP.org and installed it. Selected it from the appearances tab, then saved the theme from the Themes tab. I reverted back to my usual theme, then loaded the new theme file which I created. It worked fine.

I doubt it's a problem with the msstyles file if you can set it manually.

Good Luck

The problem is the theme file you are using.

[VisualStyles]Path=%WinDir%resources\Themes\MetallicShades\MetallicShades.msstylesColorStyle=NormalColorSize=NormalSize

In this section, ColorStyle should be set to Metallic:

[VisualStyles]Path=%WinDir%\resources\Themes\MetallicShades\MetallicShades.msstylesColorStyle=MetallicSize=NormalSize

The theme/msstlyes MetallicShades doesn't understand ColorStyle=Normal. That is part of the luna theme/msstyles. Actually, NormalColor is coded into luna.msstyles. Set this to Metallic and it should work.