How do I make updated XP automatically install USB drivers without the found hardware wizard?

K4sum1

I've been trying to make updated XP/2003 ISOs since the update servers are gone. An issue that I always have no matter what I do, is that USB devices cause the found hardware wizard to open, and I have to follow it for the drivers to install. No matter if it's a keyboard, mouse. flash drive, anything. Every other non-USB device that has drivers is fine. Why does it not automatically install the USB drivers? A side effect of this is that I can't boot the setup from USB, I always get a 7B BSOD. Stock XP is fine, but if I try updating it, I get this issue.

So for Server 2003 x86 I found that it was my 4GB Sandisk it didn't like. The USB drivers seem to detect other devices fine and auto install, however I have to reboot for them to be recognized, and it wants me to manually install the generic volume.

Hi,

I succeed with this, when I compare the registry before recognizing the USB device and after.

This difference I integrate permanently in the registry. Then, whithout any recognicing,

the USB device is shown without any beep or time loose at once

Dietmar