Last version of VLC that works with KernelEx?

bob_smith

I will add to the above from myself. Currently on Windows 98 FE with KernelEx (with the latest changes) and some updates, the following versions work for me: 086i; 1111; 206; 210; 224; 228; 300; 3018. All versions from the PortableApps website (Because different versions have conflicting and mismatched settings, and it's better that they don't intersect). Also VLC doesn't like long paths and folder names with spaces (Which only affects online video streaming). Versions below < 2XX perform better on older hardware, but do not support modern HTTPS video streaming (the old one is unlikely to be seen anymore). Versions 1111 and higher do not play files from NTFS disks. Version 206 supports YouTube and Twitch.tv links, but this requires updating the root certificates, as well as the twitch.luac and youtube.luac files, and on more modern hardware, also turn off AES-NI in the BIOS (Otherwise, VLC fails when you try to open a link to YouTube or Twitch). Versions 210 to 3018 are only suitable for local playback. Everything that is written about VLC at the link above on the WIKI is correct.