GTX 980ti Unity crashes Vista x64

Aiek

i have experience 

What's the Crash file doin in your game folder then? Even its name kinda suggests it can do bad things to you.

crash files dont affect your game, they are just there to tell you what didn't work.

How so? A bit contradictory, don't you agree? You wrote yourself your decade old 980ti works fine. What was "planned" in it? Or you want an eternal videocard?

Perhaps start looking towards Romanian video cards then?

No, you didnt get what i meant. i said "This is planned obsolescence" because of what you said about the artificial lock they put on the 36xx.xx and 37xx.xx, besides my gtx 980ti was manufactured in 2015, so its really not that old.
About "Perhaps start looking towards Romanian video cards then?", i dont know what you mean by that, where can i find there romanian video cards? Maybe you meant the second hand market, idk. 

i have no idea what causes the crashes

Could it be your super funny joke about Service pack No. 1866? The games might actually rely on that info.

My super unfunny joke cant cause the crashes, its just CSDVersion, that cant cause anything, besides games dont check your service pack, and it wont matter to them (they check your NT version instead).

Anyways, i tried server 2008 updates and now my vista install is corrupted, before it gets to the vista orb it glitches and restarts (i forgot to turn off osver because im an id*** and i shouldve installed them before installing the extended kernel). If they don't work, i dont know what im going to do.

The games that crash on vista work on xp just fine using onecoreapi so thats even more strange...

14 hours ago, Aiek said:

crash files dont affect your game, they are just there to tell you what didn't work.

Unity_Crash_Handler_64.exe, is what he means, I think.

Edited by Cocodile
emphasis

On 6/2/2023 at 8:09 AM, Cocodile said:

Unity_Crash_Handler_64.exe, is what he means, I think.

• Yes, of course, and I'm not sure why he didn't understand it, I mean, with his Expérience.

On 6/2/2023 at 7:41 AM, Aiek said:

The games that crash on vista work on xp just fine using onecoreapi so thats even more strange...

That's because Unity has a well known Tripple engine DX9/10/11, on XP it will always downgrade itself to DX9, but you already knew that, with your Expérience,

didn't you ?

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:
  • Yes, of course, and I'm not sure why he didn't understand it, I mean, with his Expérience.

its not a crash file, its an exe that sends crash info to the developer (if the developer uses Unity Cloud Diagnostics, for most of the times they dont), you can search it up but it is not a crash file

That's because Unity has a well known Tripple engine DX9/10/11, on XP it will always downgrade itself to DX9, but you already knew that, with your Expérience,

didn't you ?
yeah, i do, if thats the case then how to i make the games that crash run like they do on windows xp (on dx9)? EDIT : I found an article that tells you how, im gonna let you all know how it goes

Edited by Aiek

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2023 at 1:28 PM, K4sum1 said:

I could do some testing on my X58 machine. What all games do you know that crash? Preferably something free to test with.

hello, sorry for not checking msfn, i have to live life
i think i know what causes these crashes, because some games that used to crash will partially work on an older version of the extended kernel (Extended Kernel v10262021)  , which means i cant fix the problem, ill most likely run those games in a vm
here are some games that crash

- Granny
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
- People Playground

even if you dont get them working on the gtx 980ti, its fine, vms exist and ill use them

I'm not sure why I didn't mention, I have a GTX 970, same generation as 980 Ti but different GPU.

If it works with the older kernel, you might be able to use DLL redirection to use the older extended kernel DLLs in the game directory.

On 6/7/2023 at 3:55 PM, Aiek said:

yeah, i do, if thats the case then how to i make the games that crash run like they do on windows xp (on dx9)? EDIT : I found an article that tells you how, im gonna let you all know how it goes

about this, didnt work

• 4 months later...

hello!
to sum it up, my 980ti was fried so thats why every game failed on vista (probably?? idek or care anymore)

btw if an admin sees this, pls lock this post kty

Edited by Aiek