Event Viewer settings location

UCyborg

I wonder if anyone here happens to know where Event Viewer stores its settings, eg. what columns are selected, how wide they are, the height of the entire list view listing. First Windows supplied program I encountered in a while where it doesn't seem obvious just browsing the registry, besides Bags and BagMRU for folder view settings!

Although this is run in the context of MMC, for which I only found the list of recent *.msc files at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Management Console\Recent File List. There's just an empty Settings key in Microsoft Management Console.

Edited by UCyborg

On 5/6/2023 at 3:22 PM, mina7601 said:

It is the same on Windows 10.

thats how it is on mine I think (except its windows 8.1so I could be wrong) both 8.1 and 10 are pretty much the same in functionality except a few features missing on 8.1 so it could partly be the same

Edited by legacyfan

On 5/8/2023 at 8:05 AM, legacyfan said:

thats how it is on mine I think (except its windows 8.1so I could be wrong) both 8.1 and 10 are pretty much the same in functionality except a few features missing on 8.1 so it could partly be the same

Yes, the location is the same on Windows 8.1 too, but, we are talking about Windows 10. And by the way, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 aren't exactly the same in functionality, there are difference between 8.1 and 10.