3.6.3 BUG - Unable to right click choose another app to open file (set default)

eric.w

3.6.3 want to change the default app to play video/picture but when right click video - open with - choose another app- (no response) unable to set default app to open in under setting - apps - default apps, either. please help even if I uninstall the 3.6.3 it is still not working, same issue on both my win11 office PC and personal laptop.

2023-04-07 182222.png

Hey, I had the same issue as you. Originally I thought it must be startallback that's causing the problem. Like you, I uninstalled it, but the problem is still there. Then I realized if it's still causing the problem, it must be some other programs. So I started uninstalling recent installed programs one by one and in the end I found my problem. It was 4t tray minimizer program, that helps minimize applications into tray icon. In your case, it could be some other program you installed recently that's interfering with it. You need to start uninstall or exiting other programs one by one until you find the problem. 

11 hours ago, Tony said:

Hey, I had the same issue as you. Originally I thought it must be startallback that's causing the problem. Like you, I uninstalled it, but the problem is still there. Then I realized if it's still causing the problem, it must be some other programs. So I started uninstalling recent installed programs one by one and in the end I found my problem. It was 4t tray minimizer program, that helps minimize applications into tray icon. In your case, it could be some other program you installed recently that's interfering with it. You need to start uninstall or exiting other programs one by one until you find the problem. 

Hi thanks tony, the reason why I think it is the startallback is that the first time I uninstall it, the "choose another app" function is back to normal right after the uninstallation, however, after my pc restart the function is not working again.