Excessive use of ram memory in 360Chrome

Iron_Wind0ws

Hello everyone, I am having a problem with the Chinese browser 360Chrome, this has not happened to me before, it is very strange, this pc is clean, has no virus, I use 360 Total Security, is my usual browser, but I noticed something strange, the use of ram memory is very high, approximately for each process are between 100 and 150 megs or more and starts to use a lot of the page file. This pc has only 1 GB of ram, but I repeat, this has not happened before. I have the latest version "13.5.2042.0" even, I tried the previous version "13.5.2036.0" and it is still the same.

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.jpg

Just now, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Those of us that use modified versions of 360Chrome (ie, not the official Chinese version), we all "rebase" the chrome.dll file to improve RAM consumption.

Hello @NotHereToPlayGames @Milkinis I have already tried with a modified version of the browser, and well, I still see a high ram consumption, I tried with version 13.0.2310.0 by Humming Owl, I didn't want to test with much older versions because I feel I will have the same problem and errors with certain pages. I really don't understand why this is happening!

Capture.png

25 minutes ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

I still see a high ram consumption, I tried with version 13.0.2310.0 by Humming Owl

you can't do much with 1GB of RAM these days and your snapshot is proof of it, with  barely 2 open tabs you ran out of memory.

try this browser instead https://www.dropbox.com/s/90of6ljan32ivm6/360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_regular.zip?dl=1

9 hours ago, Milkinis said:

you can't do much with 1GB of RAM these days and your snapshot is proof of it, with  barely 2 open tabs you ran out of memory.

try this browser instead https://www.dropbox.com/s/90of6ljan32ivm6/360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_7_regular.zip?dl=1

@Milkinis Oh men, thank you very much, hahaha I was a little scared :buehehe:, this version runs excellent.:thumbup
Now another question, is it safe to continue with this rebuild or do I wait for a new modified version to come out?

Yes, I know that having 1 GB of ram is not very recommendable XD.

Edited by Iron_Wind0ws

4 minutes ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Now another question, is it safe to continue with this rebuild or do I wait for a new modified version to come out?

there's is nothing safe in the computing world but it should be quite a bit safer than the unmodified browser.

I don't know if @NotHereToPlayGames has other browser projects in the works....

13 minutes ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

if you are concerned about safety you should uninstall your china made AV - 360 Total Security

this will also free up some RAM and reduce CPU usage.

4 hours ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Windows XP 32-bit in any edition (except Starter edition) can handle up to 4 GB RAM at maximum. Windows XP 64-bit, however, can handle up to 128 GB RAM at maximum, which is 32 times the amount XP 32-bit can handle at maximum.

Edited by mina7601

3 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Windows XP 32-bit can handle up to 4 GB RAM maximum. Windows XP 64-bit, however, can handle up to 128 GB RAM maximum, which is 32 times the amount XP 32-bit can handle.

There is also a "PAE Patch" for XP x86 that also allows you to use up to 128GB of RAM.

3 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

There is also a "PAE Patch" for XP x86 that also allows you to use up to 128GB of RAM.

Yes, I know and I am already aware. I am talking about maximum RAM that can be used in XP 32-bit originally without patches.

Edited by mina7601

19 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

Windows XP 32-bit in any edition (except Starter edition) can handle up to 4 GB RAM at maximum.

you can't get past 3.25 GB with any 32-bit windows without patching the system

5 minutes ago, Milkinis said:

you can't get past 3.25 GB with any 32-bit windows

Mind telling where you got this info? I know the fact that each 32-bit Windows handle up to 4 GB RAM.

Edited by mina7601

17 minutes ago, mjd79 said:

there's not one, there are multiple patches and beyond 4GB they all are unstable.

the patch with best positive feedback was made up by @daniel_k

anyway with the chrome360 rebuild 7 @NotHereToPlayGames this patch seems to be no longer necessary

this patch is also the cause of some unexpected BSOD which is one of the main issues with the buggy Mypal68 @AstroSkipper