Running W7 on new AMD based motherboards?

videobruce

I'm thinking of a new build and have come across a couple of boards that mention Win 7 and compatibility.
I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 and is there a issue with new AMD based MB's and W7? I've been building PC's for almost 25 years and never ran into this before.

Edited by videobruce

I have installed Windows 7 on 300-500 series chipsets and Ryzen 1000-5000 processors, I myself have Windows 7 installed on a Ryzen 5950 with X470 chipset. The problems are standard for all new PCs, you need to integrate USB3 drivers, and if installing on NVMe, updates or drivers to support them. Also the installation disk needs to be made of 10 to have USB3 and NVMe support. Problems happen with G series processors, with integrated graphics, some motherboards won't install 7 while integrated graphics are on. I have not yet tried it on AM5 socket systems, although there are screenshots on the Chinese forums with 7 installed on the 600 series chipset and Ryzen 7000.

2 hours ago, videobruce said:

Explain, I don't understand.

It is not enough to add support to the installed system itself (install.wim), it is necessary that the installer of the system (WinPE) supported both NVMe and USB3, but it is impossible to update the installer 7, so I have to use the installer from Win 10, replace the file install.wim with updated 7, then the installation goes without errors.