help with Win2K Extended Kernel v3.1kM Multilanguage Patch

7 minutes ago, zerocool1999 said:

Maybe try replacing COMDLG32.dll with the English version again to see if some parts of the UI change back correctly. I doubt if it is explorer.exe or shell32.dll related.

Also try replacing devmgr.dll with the English version, as that might be the problem for the properties window showing "VMware SVGA II"

And also win32k.sys, as it's responsible for the Paint window showing "(Y)" and "(N)" buttons.

6 minutes ago, mina7601 said:

And also win32k.sys, as it's responsible for the Paint window showing "(Y)" and "(N)" buttons.

Yes indeed, I remember that I also translated some strings for indeed the Paint menu but also some other dialog boxes. :)

For a complete and correct localization, you will need to replace the image base address and resources of about 100 files with those of your language version. - https://win2k.org/blog/2019/10/07/1989811/

That means localization requires collecting files from various updates such as KB891861, XP SP3, SV2003 SP2, non-public updates, etc. I'm tracking down what I actually need.

My final plan is making auto localization python script which download, extract, modify, and re-compress everything automatically.

A little spoiler -

image.png.8ff23ec2f6d2d2d64dd14e730bd67bd1.png

22 minutes ago, R1600 said:

For a complete and correct localization, you will need to replace the image base address and resources of about 100 files with those of your language version. - https://win2k.org/blog/2019/10/07/1989811/

นั่นหมายความว่าการแปลเป็นภาษาท้องถิ่นจำเป็นต้องรวบรวมไฟล์จากการอัปเดตต่างๆ เช่น KB891861, XP SP3, SV2003 SP2, การอัปเดตที่ไม่ใช่แบบสาธารณะ ฯลฯ ฉันกำลังติดตามสิ่งที่ฉันต้องการจริงๆ

My final plan is making auto localization python script which download, extract, modify, and re-compress everything automatically.

A little spoiler -

image.png.8ff23ec2f6d2d2d64dd14e730bd67bd1.png

You could check out my Source file here for creating UpdatePacks, it might be helpful for you

It may help you a little.
I collect every language.
Some improvements I don't have it in every language.

https://archive.org/details/windowsnt-UpdatePacks

14 hours ago, MilkChan said:

You could check out my Source file here for creating UpdatePacks, it might be helpful for you

That is good to know, thank you for the efforts!

22 hours ago, MilkChan said:

Thanks for letting me know. For now, I don't think I'll need it for this project thanks to WU URL DUMP, but it will probably be useful later.

I think there are some updated versions of the files included in ExKernel. Maybe I can report them to blackwingcat.

Edited by R1600
i found where it can help

On 10/27/2023 at 3:10 AM, ThePizzaHair said:

small update: finally i managed to do it but there are still problems, i wanted to fix it but it is not known which files are responsible for it

here are screenshots for proof:
vmware_Gve2UWvkJ7.thumb.png.76d1fe68ae40e6d81d6b081218ba6861.pngvmware_oSBNN1dvm0.png.c23d2689d1c4da68385e4c8459ddb6c2.pngvmware_oFZwcUHN0h.png.bd0df641105f8e5328fc406046bc3b52.pngvmware_ORfamnXUZz.png.cbcba92feed76f1e427f6172da52023c.pngvmware_4EINNi8VSq.png.68554a5e2572a272f1f12a3d1b47e8ea.pngvmware_FeMMUndwG1.png.f43e497206d3f6527d55f34745d27fb1.png

plz check folder with vfi.exe in system32 :3

• 5 months later...
On 1/18/2023 at 3:20 PM, zerocool1999 said:

The thing about translating is that as Blackwingcat mentions is that the DLLs are different. For me installing an English version of the extended kernel over a Dutch OS works fine only it becomes Dutch and English at the same time.

Using a Update.exe file which matches your system language does not solve the problem, only the output errors will instead be representend in the OS language. The so called modifyed Update.exe allows for unsigned .inf install where as the ones you extract from a regular update cannot. 

Would you mind @blackwingcat if I upload my Dutch translated extended kernel to Archive.org, maybe it is useful for some people who have a Dutch install or as a comparison to what is different to an English version one?

Heya! I was snooping around the internet and found this post where you mention you have a dutch version of the extended kernel. I was wondering if I could have it? I'm setting up a win2k computer for pure nostalgia and I didn't realize the extended kernel wouldn't work on a dutch install. I'm tempted to reinstall in English but it'd be amazing if I could have an extended kernel on the dutch version

(I tried messaging you first but got a 403 forbidden, so I'm doing a public reply. apologies)

Groetjes! Lena

I would not mind uploading my translated version of the Extended Kernel.

However it is not my work and would like to have permission from @blackwingcat before I upload to archive.org or somewhere similar (or via a private link).

Edited by zerocool1999