ASUS B85M-E with Core i5 4590 - Code 10 in Device Manager

reboot12

I installed the Intel Haswell HD Graphics - GT2 graphics driver using the setup.exe file from Intel_Graphics_WinXP_V614105449.zip

After the restart, the Audio Device on High Definition Bus driver did not install, so I tried manually by forcing from the 64bit\HDMI\Intchdmi.inf file but have error Code 10 and yellow exclamation mark.

Device ID is: VEN_8086&DEV_2807 but there is no such string in the .inf file - they are only DEV_2802 and DEV_2803

I tried to edit the .inf file changing to DEV_2807 but it doesn't help.

I have not found a working driver but for the order in the Device Manager you can make a dummy driver. I did it by editing the IntcDAud.inf file from the XP64_14.51.7_5421_Dell_setup_ZPE.exe package. I changed 2806 to 2807 in two places in the [Intel.NTAMD64.5.1] section.

I did the similarly with the ACPI\PNP0A0A device - I made a dummy driver:

; ** COPYRIGHT (C) 2007-2012 ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

;
; ASMBSW.inf
;

[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=System
ClassGuid={4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Provider=%ManufacturerName%
DriverVer=11/08/2012,12.14.17.909

[SourceDisksNames]

[SourceDisksFiles]

[Manufacturer]
%ManufacturerName%=ASUS,NTamd64

[ASUS.NTamd64]
%DeviceName%=dummy, ACPI\PNP0A0A

[dummy]

[dummy.Services]
AddService = ,2

[Strings]
ManufacturerName="ASUSTeK Computer Inc."
DeviceName="AMDA00 Interface"

Now I have all the drivers in the Device Manager :P

On 10/4/2022 at 3:57 PM, Tripredacus said:

Yeah but does HDMI audio work?

Read carefully the beginning of my previous post:

On 10/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, reboot12 said:

I have not found a working driver but for the order in the Device Manager you can make a dummy driver.

Install dummy (null) driver for unsupported device

A null device is recognized but not used and will not be started.

Edited by reboot12

I am well aware of what a dummy driver is. For me it depends on the application. If this is for a product, and the client signs off on it, then using a dummy driver is fine. If it is for a personal system, I'd rather just not even bother and just leave things not installed for devices I'm not going to be using.

3 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

I am well aware of what a dummy driver is. For me it depends on the application. If this is for a product, and the client signs off on it, then using a dummy driver is fine. If it is for a personal system, I'd rather just not even bother and just leave things not installed for devices I'm not going to be using.

Intel have these dummy drivers too and they call them “Yellow bang removal”. Of course, you can disable New HW found wizard too. Both methods works fine and depends only on end user needs :) 

For me personally is better to install dummy driver instead disabling New HW found prompt.

1 hour ago, George King said:

For me personally is better to install dummy driver instead disabling New HW found prompt.

I also prefer the dummy driver, especially since I also have an integrated Realtek sound card on this motherboard. In addition, I can also have a sound from a PCIe graphics card or a sound card on PCIe and even on PCI.