Windows 8 Seems to Have Too Many Updates Prior to January 2016

Jody Thornton

This isn't my question.  However, I've been getting DM'd on this and I simply can't help the person.  So instead, I'll post the person's questions here.  If they wish to reveal their identity, they can do so on their own accord.

I tried using windows update, but it scans too many updates, I think there must be a superseded update. But I can't find out. In less than four years (2012-2016), Windows 8 has scanned more updates than Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, This is not normal. So I want you to provide updates before 2016. 

(I wasn't able to do this for him)

I integrated all updates into x64 install.wim, file size 6GB+, it's too large. ... The same way integrated into win7 x64 install.wim only 4GB+, win8.1 5GB+

Hi, Jody Thornton. I have a new question. I downloaded the latest wsusscn2.cab and used the Windows update mini tool to scan out about 100 updates in offline mode. But online mode scans out over 200 updates. Why does this problem occur?

Do I trust the wsusscn2.can database or the online Windows Update? Although I believe more in online windows update. But I prefer less updates. So it's contradictory.

If anyone can help this person, thank you.

Jody

:)