[PROBLEM] Running Firefox 52.9 AND Vlc 3.0.x

mivanu

I could successfully run Firefox 52.9 using the Kernel Ex core updates and the kstub824.dll library  (as well other requirements from the subforum related to this topic). However I can't longer run Vlc 3.0.16  and an error message always pop up (from Kstub824), which made me guess that kstub824.dll was the culprit.   I found a temporal solution by removing the kstub824 argument on BASE and DCFG1 from the core.ini file and after rebooting vlc worked again!

However, I don't know how to create and exception in the core.ini file where  kstub824.dll isn't loaded when running the vlc.exe file , any ideas?

image 2.png

image 1.png

I don't know the KernelEX file versions you use. I think the core.ini is version 20.e. Edit Kstub824.ini and try RtlNtStatusToDosError=n1. If this doesn't work disable RtlNtStatusToDosError in Kstub824.ini ( ;RtlNtStatusToDosError= ), reboot and check the functionality.

I just checked Ntdll.dll's of ME and 98SE and noted that RtlNtStatusToDosError is already supported. So it should be removed from Kstub824. So at some point and somehow it slipped into the ini by mistake.

Edited by schwups

Core.ini version (on first line) should be 4.5.2016.24 or later.

Kexstubs (k*stub*) should only be used in the experimental modes, not BASE or  DCFG1. Use (or clone) BASE_NSB instead.