GZDoom for Windows XP?

OldSchool38

For discontinuing support for older systems, the developers give the reason that they prefer to use new MSVC or C++17. Why are developers motivated to switch tools, when they, like all other programs, need to be learned again and put more demand on computers?

5 hours ago, j7n said:

For discontinuing support for older systems, the developers give the reason that they prefer to use new MSVC or C++17. Why are developers motivated to switch tools, when they, like all other programs, need to be learned again and put more demand on computers?

That is million dollar question. I could understand optimisation, but why on purpose move codebase away from supporting it. I guess part of it got to deal with Microsoft similar to making softwares depend on IE for no good reason and contract that required use atleast one Microsoft Internet Exploder api exclusive feature when using Microsoft utilities. I really would not be surprised if MS would do something shady again to push them use it.

And at the end who needs cloud features on complicer?

Good example of wide support is retroarch. Not it can only be used down Windows 95, but it can run even on PLAYSTATION 2. That console never had as wide homebrew scene as original xbox but is still ported to obsolete platform released in year 2000. And other devs claim they cannot give support to OS last updated in 2008? We are not talking about new software we are talking old software dropping support

On 10/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

And at the end who needs cloud features on complicer?

Pretty sure advanced users of these tools would be able to list other things that they find beneficial. Recently came across recommendation on Chromium build instructions to use VS2019 for debugging rather than VS2017 due to handling of large debug information files.