My Flag Got Changed to UK. Where Did Scotland Go?

Radish

For a good while I had for my profile selected the flag for Scotland and this was used to show correctly below my avatar. Today I logged in to MSFN and see that my flag had changed to UK flag i.e. to the Union Jack. I went to my profile and saw that somehow I had been assigned to living in the UK - I don't know who did this, I certainly didn't. So I used the drop-down and changed that back to I live in Scotland and saved the changes. However, still the forums seem to think that I'm in the UK. Could someone please look into this and correct things. Many thanks.

It looks like the forum has the locale option for Scotland but not the corresponding Flag option in the flags.css OR perhaps it does but there is no image associated with it or the image is missing.

The flag list uses a 2 letter abbreviation for the countries, but I do not know what Scotland's would be. The CSS uses positioning on a single file that has all the flags, and that file is here:

https://msfn.org/board/uploads/set_resources_0/84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_flags32.png

You can look to see if the flag is present there. Otherwise also tell me what you think the 2 character code it would use (like fr = france) and I can look into it further.

PS: I see you have it set to Scotland in your profile, but the flag might appear as UK since your IP resolves to a UK domain name.

Tripredacus. From the url you advised here is the flag of Scotland:

1719105420_ScotlandFlag.png.99c7b8b94d3259eb74fcce38dd576cb7.png

You are right that my IP will resolve to a UK domain. There are reasons for that concerning a long history of politics (which I sincerely hope will be sorted out some day soon).

Checking in the field info reveals that Scotland does not use a 2 character code, instead it is SCOTLAND. And like NATO (in the example I chose because the NATO flag is near the top of the PNG) option, it does not have a corresponding selection to the .css where it matches the 2 character codes to PNG coordinates.

The first flag is ~ Y 707px, yet the CSS calls for the first flag (ipsFlag.ad) to be -352px. Any any flags "above" that are not referenced in the .CSS. I am thinking there must be something else at work here because the CSS does not match up to the PNG anyways, unless there is a reason why the px values aren't matching up. I even changed my flag to Antarctica (which is in the CSS) but it still shows US flag for me.

Yes, I think there is something going on. Previously I did have the Scotland flag, but not now, some change must have been made at the site. Ah, well. Thanks for trying -- sounds like a problem without a solution.

Where is the Spanish flag? I am Spanish, though I am located in Brazil at the moment, final months until I move back to Spain. Just waiting for the second shot of my vaccine. Been stuck here since the pandemic, which halted my family plans of moving to Europe.

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2021 at 3:57 PM, Radish said:

You are right that my IP will resolve to a UK domain. There are reasons for that concerning a long history of politics (which I sincerely hope will be sorted out some day soon).

lol Esturgeon pretty much shot herself in the foot thanks to her stupid SJW troonery*, not to mention that all the SNP do is end up benefitting the Tories (the Holyrood/Ulster votes also affect Westminster for whatever reason) due to the broken FPTP system, which just causes even more tension and also takes away Labour seats from the north where they are most prominent... (and the Tories will just block any attempt anyways, as has been proven in recent months)

in other words, your efforts to break something that's been a thing for centuries are pointless and mostly ingrained in "tories bad", which is something I don't really want to deal with either, it'd be nice to actually not have to deal with them either lol

* I don't mean the actual place called Troon, but knowing the SNP they'd rename it to not offend the woke people

Edited by derpo