MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. ×

Intel HD Haswell Drivers Modded For Vista

iUser04

I modded the XP drivers for haswell IGPU to work on vista. aero doesn't work but there is probably a bypass available to force it on.

i have only tested on Intel HD 4600 but should work on other haswell based gpu

download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVRpJRQd3kn9Jotb6I638vdPjysk30Vn/view?usp=sharing

for 64bit vista (XP compatibility should be broken now.)

EDIT: I should mention there is no setup, You have to use Device Manager to install it.

EDIT 2: I also forgot to mention it should show up as "Intel Haswell Graphics GT2" or something similar. This is normal.

Edited by iUser04
  • Like 3

Hello , care to share with us on what exactly was modded ? I remember I tried these 5449 and they didn't work even with XP (unmodded).

13 hours ago, iUser04 said:

just a simple inf mod to replace 5.1 with 6.0

I see , sadly doesn't work with my Pentium M laptop . Maybe it works only with i Core series . In any case , thanks for trying . 

10 hours ago, Dixel said:

I see , sadly doesn't work with my Pentium M laptop . Maybe it works only with i Core series . In any case , thanks for trying . 

yeah this is for haswell iGPU not for Pentium M

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

My Pentium is Haswell . There are Pentium M models in the haswell line , like this one , for example. Pentium 3560 M . 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/81013/intel-pentium-processor-3560m-2m-cache-2-40-ghz.html

I see, this is good to know, if you tell me the specific intel HD name i may be able to get you a driver

6 hours ago, iUser04 said:

I see, this is good to know, if you tell me the specific intel HD name i may be able to get you a driver

isnt the driver above only for desktop units?

2 hours ago, burd said:

isnt the driver above only for desktop units?

no it was tested on my Intel HD 4600 mobile

9 hours ago, iUser04 said:

no it was tested on my Intel HD 4600 mobile

Oh i see, thats pretty good then.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:32 AM, iUser04 said:

Thank you for the worries . Actually , I tried this one , so my CPU is in the inf file already , it installs OK , but the "device cannot start" message after reboot . I suspect it has something to do with Optimus, because I have a second GPU in this laptop (Nvidia) . Is your notebook equipped with a second card ? 

25 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Thank you for the worries . Actually , I tried this one , so my CPU is in the inf file already , it installs OK , but the "device cannot start" message after reboot . I suspect it has something to do with Optimus, because I have a second GPU in this laptop (Nvidia) . Is your notebook equipped with a second card ? 

No, only intel hd