Dial Up Sounds C# with Internal Speaker

Hello, I want to use console.beep so that the internal speaker produces sounds similar to those of a telephone. I tried to make the dial up sound but it's a bit monophonic and I don't really know how to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:08 PM, jumper said:

Ring or touch-tone sounds? The internal speaker is mono and often just an atonal surface-mounted buzzer.

Ring Tone is what I want. I don't know what you mean by Touch-Tone

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:50 PM, WinFX said:

Ring Tone is what I want. I don't know what you mean by Touch-Tone

With phones, there's typically ringing (when you get a call), dial tone (when you pick up the phone to make a call), and touch-tone tones (when you hit the numbers).  Ring tone is probably just best done by sampling something, but you could repeat tones at a certain frequency, too (my land-line phone does that).  I'm sure there's references for what kind of sounds all these things are out there.

• 2 years later...

Certainly! If you want to make your computer's internal speaker produce telephone-like sounds similar to a dial-up tone, it may be challenging to achieve using built-in functions alone. However, you could search for pre-recorded dial-up sound samples online for a more authentic experience.