Dell Optiplex 9020 Windows XP?

FantasyAcquiesce

Hello MSFN,

I've found a great deal on this PC model, and find that it would fit my needs perfectly to test demanding software on a Windows XP installation. However, I realized the chipset provided by Dell lacks a Windows XP driver. This model has a Q87 chipset and uses Intel HD 4600 Graphics.

I've located the graphics here: 

But, I have yet to find any answers regarding whether the video drivers will work fine. I've previously tested HD 4600 Drivers for Windows XP from the snappy driver installer pack (on my AIO 2015 HP), BUT found numerous glitches. The PC would have momentary lag and PCSX2 games had numerous glitches: the polygons were often black, input lag, etc.

Has anyone attempted to install Windows XP on this model? I have not had the best of luck on modern PC's in general.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, FantasyAcquiesce said:

Has anyone attempted to install Windows XP on this model? I have not had the best of luck on modern PC's in general.

Hello, I don't know about this exact model , but I was getting an instant BSOD with XP 32 and XP 64 bit on my Haswell notebook . I had tried all available Intel video drivers for XP. I'm pretty sure XP is fine with Haswell systems if you add a discrette videocard that supports Vista / XP and disable Intel in the BIOS . Yes , in some mobos you need to do it manually.

Edited by Dixel
added info