Restrict Internet Access for Standard User Windows 10 Home

bookie32

Hi guys:D

Have a customer that has several computers where she would like to stop Internet access for her users....at these terminals Internet is not needed...

But she wants to leave the general Internet on in background for Windows updates...

Is this possible in Windows 10 Home.....

The users have only Standard accounts...

Thanks!

bookie32

Does it have to be per-user? You can set Windows Firewall to block outbound connections by default. It works globally. Just in case exceptions are needed on the per-user basis, it might not be the way to go, but should be fine otherwise.

The rules for allowed programs might need some tuning. A lot of Microsoft stuff is already defined. I bet updates are also on the list, but I'd have to try and see.

Obviously, admin will have to do this. Home edition offers access to the advanced firewall configuration the same way Pro does.

11 hours ago, halohalo said:

Users may stop Windows Update, but configuring access to Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Home is a problem.

I can confirm you can prevent the Store from accessing the internet by disabling its rule in the firewall while it's set to block outbound connections.

Edited by UCyborg

• 5 weeks later...