OpenOffice 1.1.1

frb

Is there any way to silent install openoffice 1.1.1 ?

I found some information about it here but Im not quite sure if it'll work... I don't really want to burn 4 cds before this works...

Has anyone ever tried this ?

Thanks

hi,

just ran a successful test:

create a setup.txt inside OOo-folder with:

[Environment]InstallationMode=INSTALL_NORMALDestinationPath=C:\Program Files\OpenOfficev1.1.1EndProcedure=PostSetup
[Java]JavaSupport=preinstalled_or_none
[Windows_Desktop_Integration]Register4MSWord=TrueRegister4MSExcel=TrueRegister4MSPowerPoint=TrueRegisterAsDefaultHTMLEditor=False
[Procedures]Sub PostSetupSetReboot( False )End Sub

in it.

then call

setup.exe -r:path\to\ooo\setup.txt -debug

works like a charm for me at least

hope this helps a bit

cya

Killer Bee

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try killerbee's method myself.

I had already made another solution before I found above. Its a cmd file called from RunonceEx with a vbs doing the Sendkeys. Let me know if anyone want's, I won't waste space posting it.

EDIT:

killerbee's method works easier

Edited by maxXPsoft

Me first I made an installation for the net with the parameter -net, later I used the packager web, that is free goes, to compact, it was with about 68mb, later I use in the script runonceex.cmd, for him to install in the hd, done this copies this script called openoffice.cmd for the menu to begin of all the users, because if some new one be created it will already install automatically, for me beauty works

Openoffice.cmd

echo off
ECHO Processando script de logon..... 
IF EXIST "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Dados de aplicativos\OpenOffice.org1.1.0" GOTO END IF NOT EXIST "%programfiles%\OpenOffice\program\setup.exe" GOTO END 
ECHO. ECHO Completando a instalacao do OpenOffice - nao interrompa!!! ECHO. 
SET DESTINATIONPATH=%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Dados de aplicativos\OpenOffice.org1.1.0 SET RESPFILE="%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\%username%\Dados de aplicativos\resp_oo.txt" 
ECHO [ENVIRONMENT] > %RESPFILE% ECHO INSTALLATIONMODE=INSTALL_WORKSTATION >> %RESPFILE% ECHO INSTALLATIONTYPE=WORKSTATION >> %RESPFILE% ECHO MIGRATION=NO >> %RESPFILE% ECHO DESTINATIONPATH=%DESTINATIONPATH% >> %RESPFILE% ECHO LANGUAGELIST=01 >> %RESPFILE% ECHO STARTPROCEDURE= >> %RESPFILE% ECHO ENDPROCEDURE=PostSetup >> %RESPFILE% ECHO. >> %RESPFILE% 
ECHO [JAVA] >> %RESPFILE% ECHO JavaSupport=preinstalled_or_none >> %RESPFILE% ECHO. >> %RESPFILE% ECHO [Windows_Desktop_Integration] >> %RESPFILE% ECHO RegisterForMsWord=Yes >> %RESPFILE% ECHO RegisterForMsExcel=Yes >> %RESPFILE% ECHO RegisterForMsPowerPoint=Yes >> %RESPFILE% ECHO RegisterAsDefaultHtmlEditor=NO >> %RESPFILE% ECHO. >> %RESPFILE% ECHO [PROCEDURES] >> %RESPFILE% ECHO Sub PostSetup >> %RESPFILE% ECHO SetReboot(False) >> %RESPFILE% ECHO End Sub >> %RESPFILE% 
IF EXIST %RESPFILE% "%programfiles%\OpenOffice\program\setup.exe" -r %RESPFILE% 
:END

I hope helps it :)

Ka®eka´s

Using killerbee's method 1 thing need's changed

[Environment]
DestinationPath=C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org1.1.1

Thats the normal install folder for 1.1.1 otherwise thats simple enough

thnks killerbee

I'm not sure why, but when using Killerbee's method, I get an error about the Exit command not being correct or something (I don't recall the exactly what it said). It happened after the unpacking or installing (whichever uses the little progress bar and box next to it)... Here's what I'm doing:

HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install5",,,"Open Office 1.1.1"HKLM,"%RunOnceEx%\install5",1,,"%24%\install\OOo\setup.exe -r:install\OOo\setup.txt -debug"

Right after that's run, a batch file deletes my install directory and restarts my computer (after 60 seconds). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Looks so Infy

I call a .cmd file to take care of a few extra things from my runonceEX

REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /VE /D "OpenOffice" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\iAdd /V 1 /D "cmd /C start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\OpenOffice\OpenOffice.cmd" /f

OpenOffice.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
%systemdrive%\Install\OpenOffice\setup.exe -r:%systemdrive%\Install\OpenOffice\setup.txt -debug
xcopy %systemdrive%\Install\OpenOffice\registry "%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice.org1.1.1\user\registry\" /E /H /Y
DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\start menu\Programs\Startup\OpenOffice.org 1.1.1.lnk"
DEL "%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\OpenOffice.org 1.1.1.lnk"
EXIT

The registry folder contains my setup stuff copied from program files\user\registry

Can you disable the quickstarte icon using the silent install?

the code for runonceex should be:

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "OpenOffice 1.1.0" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\openoffice\setup.exe -r:%CDROM%\install\openoffice\setup.txt -debug" /f

cdrom or systemdrive depending on the kind of install you chose, and the paths changed accordingly.

Can you disable the quickstarte icon using the silent install?

Yes look closely at my cmd file

DEL "%AllUsersProfile%\start menu\Programs\Startup\OpenOffice.org 1.1.1.lnk"

DEL "%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\OpenOffice.org 1.1.1.lnk"

One of them is what starts it. May not need the AllUsersProfile but it won't hurt.