Retro Dissimilar HW migration for old PCs - Super Socket 7 to PIII - Win 2000 + XP

ruthan

Hello,
i need port my Win 2000 and XP installation from Super Socket 7 machine to Pentium III machinem.

Im used to use for it Paragon WinPE tools, where is just option to Adjust for new HW, where some generic MS drivers are used instead of specific ones and i can boot on new HW.

Problem is that HW is probably too old to make it working with my Paragon WinPE cds, i can only boot Linux based and there is not HW adjust option. Win based boot cds, im getting this error:
CDboot: Cannot boot from CD- Code: 5 

So i would need other tool. I cant even boot to Safe mode, because of some Super Socket 7 ATA drivers.. so im getting bluescreens.

I have quite configured system, so i dont want to complete reinstalls.

Edited by ruthan

16 hours ago, ruthan said:

So i would need other tool. I cant even boot to Safe mode, because of some Super Socket 7 ATA drivers.. so im getting bluescreens.

So, you get BSOD with error 0xc000007b ?

This may be useful - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohkvsq1ma21u7sy/driverInjection_0.99.8.1.zip/file

Move the drive to a working system (don't boot from it), run whatever Windows you have there (or WinPE) and use that program to enable standard IDE drivers. Then move the drive back and see if it boots.

Thanks, i will try it, it look like XP+ Plus, any experience with Windows 2000?

XP is booting thanks, do you think that make sense to try WinXP fix for Win2000?

For Win2000 it's giving error 0xc000007b, too.

It's working for Windows 2000, too.