How to disable smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer

Sfor

I'm browsing through long lists of files with just the keyboard. The view is set to list, as the file names are long. By using left and right arrow keys the list is scrolled to the next page.

When i did it in Windows XP there was no smooth scrolling, so I coung search much faster. In Windows 7 I have to wait till the next page finishes to move, before I can actually read the contents.

How can I disable the smooth scrolling, so it will work the same way as it did in Windows XP?

I untick this option and disabled "Last Access Time" in regedit to speed up windows explorer

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]
"NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate"=dword:00000001

mrHTd.png

Edited by Samuel

Sorry, but it did not work.

regedit.jpg

opcjewydajnosci.jpg

To be double sure, I disabled all visual effects check boxes, but It changed nothing.

On the other hand, I think my question was wrong. I would like to get rid of the scrolling (no mater it is smooth or not).

In Windows XP there is no visible moving effect, as file list names from another page are just written over the current ones. In windows 7 there is a visible movement of another page sliding from left or right side. This sliding effect causes my eyes to be tired quickly, as they are trying to follow the moving text.

Smooth-scroll list boxes effects those:

d4Gq2.png

And the combo-boxes:

combobox.gif

The setting which OP is looking for is not exposed in the GUI AFAIK, but may be set in the registry:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"SmoothScroll"=dword:00000000