[h.265] Is there any hardware accelerated, 2020 updated decoder out here?

lama

Hi :huh:

[h.265] Is there any hardware accelerated, 2020 updated decoder out here? that works in MPC-HC like players etc?

I was trying play some videos recorded by iPhone which were encoded in HEVC. Somehow, Last XP LAV decoder decoder build didn't play with acceleration (resulting in very high CPU usage)

I know, I can change compatibility options in iPhone Camera settings as last resort but,... out of curiousity and for the sake of future playbacks, just wanted to try asking this place  

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 5:56 PM, lama said:

[h.265] Is there any hardware accelerated, 2020 updated decoder out here? that works in MPC-HC like players etc?

I think only Geforce GTX 950 and GTX 960 have full h.265 HW support and XP support. I am not sure about h.265 capabilities of GTX970 and GTX980, since they have Feature Set E, but they work in XP too.

Pot player version 1.7.17508 is the last official stable XP version.  (2019 year)

Media Player Classic - Black Edition version 1.4.6 last official version with XP support.  (2016 year)

Media Player Classic - Black Edition version 1.4.7 last unofficial version with XP support.  (2016 year)

Edited by Rod Steel