help making a site

this is a very general question

do u have no idea on how to make web pages or r u asking php/java/asp stuff?

i mean if u don't know anything

try Microsoft Frontpage.

and u need a host to put your webpage on to...

@XtremeMac

It is my understanding that he simply wants an Invision forum. He didn't have a host (I gave him instructions on how to sign up for a free one).

@Bakura, I can help you with certain elements of site building, but I cannot make the site for you.

Did you sign up for the free host I sent you to?

Which version of Invision did you download?

You need to get the FTP and MySQL info from the host. Then, you have to download and FTP client, such as WS_FTP LE. Next, you need to upload everything in the /upload directory of the Invision .zip file to the webhost. Finally, you have to run sm_install.php and enter all the info to set up the forums.

If you want to have a front page you'll have to configure IPDynamic Lite, or if you want a normal HTML site you need an editor such as Dreamweaver or Frontpage.

Another way is to find a "web site host" that offers a plan with cPanel (control panel) and Fantastico De Luxe. Then you can install a web site and a Invision Forum easily. The installation of Invision takes less than five minutes. PHPNuke and a few others are also included. With cPanel and your own web space you can do a lot of advanced web master tasks with minimal web master skills.

Learn more about cPanel and Fantastico De Luxe at http://www.cpanelthemes.com/fantastico.php

Host wise look at http://www.emaxhosting.com and http://www.backrackhosting.com

Best advise is to start small and work your way up to bigger host plans.

hello, just wanted to try and help, i know of a few sites that are very user friendly they are free, and have good plans well one of them do,

www.freewebs.com (i use this one for my business)

www.geocities.com

www.anglefire.com

they are all good, for a total beginer id recomend using either freewebs or geocities. if you want some cool things added to your site you can go to bravenet.com. and sign up for that, its neat, get pop up and other things. every website i posted above in this forum reply has html markups which are little things you can open to put html into, and its all visiual and not html formated. although you could switch it to html format if you know your way around the code.

personaly i like to look at pic's while im building one so i use the other one, pluse some html, (always good to have some of your personal stuff besides what you write). their are also ways to get a chat room added to your site, i have on in my geocites account, if you wish here it is you can check it out, www.geocities.com/jatscollectables/Homepage.html its under the link jatschat.

i think its run by multicity or something like that.

if your looking for cheap hosting, freewebs.com is the best in my opinion $42 a year, and you get 1.5 gig of bandwith hehe and 200 mb storage. not a bad deal realy. well iv taken enough of your time, have a nice one.

oh ps want to see a freewebs.com website i built i know little to know html coding, so just to get a feel for what you can do www.freewebs.com/jatscollectables

• 3 months later...