Digital Camera

HyDeNCiTy

I am looking for a digital camera that's under $1000... I already have one, that's $100 but I want something better. I have the Kodak CX 6200. I was looking online at the DX 6000 series, but I wanted to ask you guys which brand and model yoiu think it's better...

I have the Kodak DX3600, which is an older model but it has been reliable. It does have a few flaws though such as only being able to capture in JPEG format. Perhaps their newer models have more options now. It does very poorly in low light conditions and works best outdoors. The dock is a nice feature though, and I'm sure the new models have improved a lot. However for under $1000 I'd bet you can get something much better than Kodak.

Here are a few digital camera review sites you may want to check out:

http://www.dpreview.com/

http://www.dcviews.com/

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Mac, I would like a Digi that can take great pics... If it takes video ok, but it's not a requirement. I read up on the Kodaks and they are great. Sonys however, are very expensive, but they are the SH*#!

I also have the Dock for my Kodak and it's awsome, the only thing I hate is the Batt. life. It sux!!! It gives me like 20 minutes and most of the time, it's off... lol I'm better off buying Duracel Ultras and using those.

Thanx guys!! Really appreciate this.. Let me know if you have any more suggestions. :)

By the way thanx Skyfrog!!

I have the original Easyshare dock and when I charge my Kodak batteries with it they don't last very long at all. I bought a standalone charger recently and with it they last much longer. The dock is still great for transferring pictures though, and for keeping the batteries charged for short term use. Much better than dealing with USB cables or having to remove the flash card all the time. :)

Mine takes both movies and pictures, but the movies are low resolution and in Quicktime format so I don't use that feature much. It's still nice to have the option though.

why r u guys stuck with sony and kodak?

try canon minolta

casio Excilim's are super cool

now i've sony but 2.0Megapixel its okay but still i'd go for more. the best thing about sony's are u can record movies until the memory stick is filled (not to mention the price for 1gb mem sticks)

but still.. sony.. is.. good.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Nikons! They are excellent!.

My best suggestion is to first figure out what you want in a camera. Then if you have the chance go to a camera store and take a look at several cameras. You have to like the "look and feel" of a camera to feel comfortable with it.

I have a casio, and my choices were primarily based on dimensions, weight, LCD screen size & picture quality.

I have one of the 2MP Casio ExSlims, and I highly recommend it for a casual use camera. If you want someting to replace a cheap 35mm SLR buy a Nikon or Canon. I doubt that I'll be replacing my Nikon FM2 anytime soon for less than $5K...

The really nice thing about the Casio's is that they easily fit in your shirt pocket. Try that with any other 3MP camera. Any pro photographer will tell you the most important thing is to have the camera in your hand when the shot happens!

And unless you regularly print enlargements beyond 5x7 a 3MP camera is all you need. After all the printer that most 1 hour photo shops use is only 3.5MP for a 4x5 print anyway... So if regular 1 hour photo print quality is adequate to your needs why spend the money for a 5MP camera that is overkill for the average consumer?