Windows ME VIA AC'97 not working

bz07

@bz07 I do not understand why you want to disable IRQ-steering. As far I as I know, your BIOS will take over and you will loose all control, according what I have red in your laptop's manual about your BIOS Setup.

If you want to continue with Audio, better forget all other devices for the time being. 

You can disable Communication and set the IDE-controller with exclamation mark to "None". Further I suggest temporarily disable following PCI-devices: Video, all USB and Ethernet. Maybe this gives you a free IRQ you can feed to your Audio (but tot be honest I am afraid this will not be the case). If you'r lucky, do not use IRQ9 if you have a choice.

1 hour ago, deomsh said:

@bz07 I do not understand why you want to disable IRQ-steering. As far I as I know, your BIOS will take over and you will loose all control, according what I have red in your laptop's manual about your BIOS Setup.

If you want to continue with Audio, better forget all other devices for the time being. 

You can disable Communication and set the IDE-controller with exclamation mark to "None". Further I suggest temporarily disable following PCI-devices: Video, all USB and Ethernet. Maybe this gives you a free IRQ you can feed to your Audio (but tot be honest I am afraid this will not be the case). If you'r lucky, do not use IRQ9 if you have a choice.

Only reason I disable irq steering is because it is the only way to get the other pci devices to work. Otherwise they install but do not work and have an exclamation point saying "The device is not working properly because IRQ Holder for pci steering is not working properly (Code 31.)" I click properties as it says than it says for the IRQ Holder for PCI steering "that the device is disabled because the bios didn't give it an irq request (code 29.)"And that I must enable it in bios. 

I set my ide controller to no channels enabled. And yes fresh install no drivers for anything and disabled all I could and IRQ 09 seems to go to the IRQ Holder for pci steering. 

Thanks for helping

Edited by bz07