Windows 95 support and software information 2019

noahthecomputerguy

9 hours ago, MrMateczko said:

thanks, although i was looking for someone who already had a NT4/95 system to test them for me too, thanks to you, now i have Hmonitor V 3.1.0.1 (Released 03.02.99) and Hmonitor 4.1.4.1 (Apr 2004).  

i uploaded v3.1.0.1, luckily under 512 KB. i found also 3.1.2.3,  4.1.2.1, and 4.1.4.1, but all of them are over 512 KB. 4.1.2.1 was the newest version i found that appears to have the older windows installer 2.0 package so it probably will work on windows 95 and NT4? as the other ones are msi based which may not work on windows 95, but i hardly know much on this, maybe someone can chime in and clarify what i am addressing. 

i am trying to find the newest version that has the windows installer 2.0 package, december 2002 is good with 4.1.2.1, but i'll want something a little newer as the laptops that i may use or experiment with may fall in the mid 2003 range or so. 4.1.4.1 is april 2004 and uses i think the msi package installer, so hopefully there is something in between that with the older windows installer 2.0 package? 

Hmonitor V 3.1.0.1 (Released 03.02.99).zip

Edited by cov3rt

well i've had a difficult time not only trying to find specific hmonitor versions, but also getting it to work on windows 95 in general, so i tested 4.2.5.3, it would install but gave an error of missing powrprof.dll and would not open, 4.2.5.2 and 4.2.5.1 would install but not open at all, 4.2.4.1 installs, doesn't open. i was hoping that i could find 4.1.4.5, but unfortunately, i could not find it anywhere on the internet. perhaps it could somewhere in the bunch of 1000+ ftp pages on one ftp site, but that would be impractical to find if it's even there by searching hmonitor, where as hmonitor.zip only yields like 3 pages. 

also strangely, the 4.1.4.2 that did install earlier that i tested and launched up ( even though it didn't show all temperatures, only hdd ), when i tried to retest it after the bunch i tested above, it would give that same mismatch hardware component error that i got it NT4 when i tried to install 4.2.5.3. in all sense, it seems that you shouldn't tinker with this program by testing different versions, although i did test the other ones as i mentioned in my earlier post and did not encounter any errors. 

so for now, i think 4.1.4.2 would be "best" as in it "should" work within the right circumstances, :rolleyes:, , and if applicable, to use older versions on older hardware, perhaps they may work "better" such as lasting longer if it's the whole trial-ware thing or more stable, although the system i had of testing for windows 95 was the hp v2665us that is clearly unsupported and very much so, i suppose i'd get better results on an ich4 board and older. 

19 hours ago, cov3rt said:

i was hoping that i could find 4.1.4.5, but unfortunately, i could not find it anywhere on the internet.

http://chomikuj.pl/Kot_Maciek/Programy/Hmonitor+4.1.4.5

Not the best possible source (site Is in Polish, and downloading the whole archive seems like needing to download a specific program, though single files seemingly work fine), still ...

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

16 hours ago, jaclaz said:

http://chomikuj.pl/Kot_Maciek/Programy/Hmonitor+4.1.4.5

Not the best possible source (site Is in Polish, and downloading the whole archive seems like needing to download a specific program, though single files seemingly work fine), still ...

jaclaz

thanks, i was able to download the setup of the program and it's other contents from that site, i can confirm that it installs on windows 95, however, i did get that same error of mismatched components and that the program cannot start, but this may have to do with previous corrupt installation traces of other hmonitor versions / corrupt uninstall and related issues. i think if i were to load it on a fresh system that didn't have any version of hmonitor previously installed, that it would install and launch up and work as it should. so i am gonna just assume it works 100 percent on windows 95 and i'll put it as possibly the "best" and latest version of hmonitor on windows 95, at least through my experience of testing. 

• 1 year later...

for 3d modeling / game design related programs, milkshape 3d 1.6.6a, meshx 2.4, and terragen classic 0.9.43 were all tested working on windows 95. some more information of milkshape 3d 1.6.6a can be obtained in the below link, the directxexp.zip is especially important for directx 8.0 exporting:

https://web.archive.org/web/20041109015700/http://www.milkshape3d.com/ms3d/download.html