Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

666_peter_666

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.7 and "Your DWM is incompatible"

9 minutes ago, dutchMasta said:

Ah right, then it should work really.. next time you can try run a command window, so Start > Run > cmd. Then wherever you place the symbols.cmd file, just go there and run it, for example:

cd C:\AeroGlass
symbols.cmd

Then you can potentially see why it didn't work.

image.png.97dc4b49bdce51ea28cb14abe4a72604.png

Looks like it worked to me, the symbols in C:\AeroGlass\symbols should have been because of that script you ran.

You can double check by renaming C:\AeroGlass\symbols to C:\AeroGlass\symbols2 or something, and rerunning the script, and if the symbols folder appears with the subfolders and files inside, then it works.

Or you can just relax and enjoy AeroGlass until the next update and hope it works then.:)

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am back again. Recently I updated my Windows 10 to version 1803, 17134.1 and the error window "Incompatibility issue" reappears after Windows boot.

Please, does anybody know, including Bigmuscle, how to simply solve it?

My AeroGlass is v. 1.5.8

Edited by 666_peter_666

Posted (edited)

Log in to glass8.eu then download the experimental dll. Then see my post in the Aero Glass Experimental Builds for W10 v1803 - Feedback & Bugs topic.

Edited by Klamatiel

Yes I downloaded  the experimental dll, but I do not know what I should do with it. I have read the topic "Aero Glass Experimental Builds for W10 v1803 - Feedback & Bugs", but I am even more confused, what am I supposed to do. For example I do not have directories "dwmglass/donation/clsharp4.2atlas", I only have file donation.key there.

In mentioned topic one is happy with suggestions, another is not. There are several suggestions with quite complicated (for me) techniques, I need a simple instructions to solve this problem.

Put it in the AeroGlass folder. If it says something is already running, go to task viewer and stop the aero glass task then move the file. Then you can start the task again.

When you get the error thing, don't hit retry, hit cancel.

Let me clear up. Install AG, then replace the dwmglass.dll with the experimental one. clsharpatlas is a skin i use and donation.key you know what it is, they're not directories. When the incompatibility pops up, click cancel.

Obviously, you mentioned that before, hence i didn't repeat it :)

• Like 1

So guys, I managed to copy the experimental dwmglass.dll over the original file, and after reboot appears this window:

image.png.863649d6236d1cf50fd32ac2d11e5ea2.png

I press "Cancel" as recommended, then I recieve debugging window:

image.thumb.png.6876ff9d9ec0f5a9b26ff8be39c0afef.png

when I close this window, I got the new one:

image.png.74af6277d4deb571815a3d974668c00e.png

pressing "Cancel" I get again the black window (debugging), and and then window below, etc.

Pressing "Retry" I proceed to normal Windows 10 desktop, but without Glass effect.

Do you have any idea what to do further?

That black window is the end. Since it is an expiremental build, it will be there. When that window is open, you will get all aero glass functionality.

If you want to hide it, you can probably put it on another virtual desktop, but I found that to cause lag.

Posted (edited)

Well, all the time I was scared, that I will read this words. Hopefully the bigmuscle will be working on it.

Edited by 666_peter_666

My donation.key file doesn't seem to be working with the experimental "DWMGlass.dll" on Windows 10.0.17134.48.  I see the AeroGlass watermark in the left bottom corner. Please advise. Thanks!

It's meant to be there. The cmd window and the watermark too, since it's experimental. When the full version will be released, those won't appear.