What a single 8TB MBR Hard Disk Drive Looks like in Windows XP

98SE

12 hours ago, rloew said:

Who cares?

I do :w00t:.

The grown up cat looks nice :rolleyes:.

And this constitutes proof that at least one person exists that buys software and does not use it, not even to test it or to make sure - within the return period - that the media actually works, a single data point, I know, but still it is good to know.

jaclaz

• 1 year later...

I registered just to say a big THANK YOU to this thread.  I have 2 of the 10TB Best Buy cheap externals that have been selling multiple times this year both formatted MBR with 5x FAT32 partitions on each.  NTFS always messes up the original dates of files depending on the system time so I only use FAT32 when original dates are important.  And thanks to this thread, I was able to make them both work after some persistence.  I bet they would even work in a 98se system with the right usb driver, but I haven't rebuilt mine yet.

Some External Drives work, some don't. Make sure that Windows XP actually recognizes them as 10TB Drives. Use the Disk Management Tool. Otherwise you could be in for an unpleasant surprise.

You can have one FAT32 Partition if you want. You are not limited to 2TB per partition.

Windows 98SE will work but it requires my TBPLUS Package. I include a verified USB Mass Storage Driver.