windows 8.1 QTCreator is not starting

Dibya

It first complained me about missing api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll and api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll . I copied those two dll to syswow64 but now QTCreator does not open ..

Please help me ... It worked for me in previous installation but after fresh installation of 8.1 it does not work ....

Please see here about the error

Capture.JPG

Edited by Dibya

5 hours ago, Dibya said:

It first complained me about missing api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll and api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll . I copied those two dll to syswow64 but now QTCreator does not open ..

Please help me ... It worked for me in previous installation but after fresh installation of 8.1 it does not work ....

Please see here about the error

Capture.JPG

I'm 99% sure you have copied the 64 bit dll's into the syswow64 folder... you have to copy the x86's ones.

No hope same issues.  I need universal CRT hotfix for Qt but that requires huge 800mb download of 2014 update rollup .  Any one know how can I get qt 5.9.1 function?  Any one knows how to install universal CRT update with out such big download? 

Which  are most important updates to be installed?  

I don't want windows 10 on my production environment.  Please help I am In a urgent requirement of getting qt function. 

My os is 8.1 enterprize n x64

Edited by Dibya

You probably need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. And delete those DLLs you manually copied just in case so the installer doesn't get confused. It will install the right ones and make a hardlink so one copy appears in somewhere in WinSxS and another in SysWOW64 directory. The DLLs you mentioned are ApiSet stub DLLs with exports pointing to real functions in ucrtbase.dll, so useless by themselves.