TuMaGoNx

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

well i am making one gang soon to develop a browser . I will just stay a gang leader some time involving with them and managing the project .

Interesting choice of word: gang :w00t::ph34r:

(also "leader" and "managing", let alone "project" are IMHO perplexing, but that is another thing)

jaclaz

6 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Interesting choice of word: gang :w00t::ph34r:

(also "leader" and "managing", let alone "project" are IMHO perplexing, but that is another thing)

jaclaz

come on lol . I am kidding around . Well Team is appropriate word but it is not as cool as gang . I am just joking anyway !! As always 

3 hours ago, Dibya said:

yes . will you join me ? I need some people to advice at least .

Seems to be hard here as I have only XP as main system and build environment requires huge amount of RAM and may require 64bit win7+ environment, which I don't  have here.

1 minute ago, roytam1 said:

Seems to be hard here as I have only XP as main system and build environment requires huge amount of RAM and may require 64bit win7+ environment, which I don't  have here.

just i want you as somebody to suggest me . I have 8.1x64 with VS2015 community hope that will do the trick . Firefox can be compiled with mingw as per their official doc i want to do that . VS is to heavy and generate too heavy code .

6 minutes ago, Dibya said:

just i want you as somebody to suggest me . I have 8.1x64 with VS2015 community hope that will do the trick . Firefox can be compiled with mingw as per their official doc i want to do that . VS is to heavy and generate too heavy code .

Mozilla does not recommend using gcc to compile Gecko engine for windows, and this is unsupported.

So playing around mingw with gecko is actually entering unrevealed area of map, no one can actually giving any help.

27 minutes ago, roytam1 said:

Mozilla does not recommend using gcc to compile Gecko engine for windows, and this is unsupported.

So playing around mingw with gecko is actually entering unrevealed area of map, no one can actually giving any help.

Now only tried to compile ff 54 with vs2015 . I downloaded src back in weak. 

For xp x86 compiled flawlessly but for xp x64 few compilation error came which seems to be easily fixed. Now its time for wait for FF to unplug the power cord from xp . I will compile from that time.   It took horrible amount of time to compile.  I am trying since 3 hours.  Systems resource usage is horrible during build process.  They said 4gb ram as min requirements but more than 12gb is consumed.  Cpu usage is fine though using i7 6700k that's slower than most other high end processors used for coding like xeon.  

Edited by Dibya

Alright... after compiler uploaded it's time for collaboration tool
Github for Windows XP, salavaged edition

https://github.com/tumagonx/XPitory/tree/master/last_working/Github_for_Windows

anyone interested to upload XP stuff there? let me know, I will give write access

EDIT:
oh yeah 1GB limit / repo, Sourceforge is more favorable for this case but github has insanely good SEO

Edited by TuMaGoNx

10 hours ago, TuMaGoNx said:

@Dibya
Could you use VC++ build tools 2015 for that? http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools
since version 2012 I would rather avoid installing VS.

I will try and let you know but it suppose to work in theory.

One more thing , can you compile some newer app for xp like Filezilla then put it on XPitory?

Edited by Dibya

Patience...
I'm pulling myself at the moment here... So most likely I'll do what I like to do as XP user, what I need and what others might share the same interest
I'll put filezilla with browser analogy:
if alternative exists, why go to the hell and back? use winscp (i have version 5.7) but honestly I prefer curl or better yet ncftp (see what i like? yup command line)

That said if I remember the last time I tried filezilla it runs (no missing functions) but it doesn't work. This is good illustration how things never that simple.
Remember my previous post about missing property in older OS? that might what just happened, same function but later version can do more and filezilla asking that.
My guess some socket function maybe the culprit and there is filezilla didn't save its settings upon exit too...

So if you have burning passion about it do:
compare the source/binary between last working version and first broken version then track them all the way to current version. IIRC it was version 3.8

BTW I can confirm wined3d seems work with my intel hd, but I still wait svyatpro (nvidia).
he make interesting benchmark:
https://pp.userapi.com/c637430/v637430550/831c8/AV7r71Pu2bk.jpg

I think I will have another xompie update (with more api implementation if I have mood) because I decide current wined3d is not that good, leaving behind one of three major vendor (AMD) is bad for user. let see if next stable version of wine fix that.

About the "Image File Execution Options" trick for Palemoon I could easily add that with the patcher though kind of against the principle of "not touching the registry"

@Dibya can you run Blender 2.78c without manifest fix in python dll with your extendedXP? somehow the error only affect NT5
I have report the bug upstream and should be fixed in next stable python release (if blender use it).

is it pure typo? or conspiracy to kill xp interest like what palemoon did lol
if used on exe, it will spew error application not configured properly
if used on dll, the exe that need it will spew error application failed to initialize properly
luckily this easily spotted by dependency walker

need to fix this in non-interactive way with rcedit, reporting bug https://github.com/electron/rcedit/issues/49

Edited by TuMaGoNx

Well without manifest fix it is impossible to load blender. 

Edit :: most of you might have heard about universal vesa / vbe graphics driver.  Writing Mesa / directx /  vulkan extention will solve all problems.  If I am not wrong mesa has opengl. 

Edited by Dibya