Jump to content

Windows NT 4.0 api wrapper


 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, junior600 said:

Yes, I'm going to get it work. BTW I have a question to people who are using windows 2000 with the last blackwingcat's kernel... Does qbittorrent 3.3.12 (last version) work? It loads on windows NT 4.0 but it hangs to the first screen "legal information". I read somewhere that QT5 isn't compatible even with windows 2000, is it true? Tracing the error with ollydbg, it says me "CreateWindow() for QEventDispatcherWin32 internal window failed".

For Qt5, instead of tracing, it is better to look at sources and build a debug build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


17 hours ago, junior600 said:

Yes, I'm going to get it work. BTW I have a question to people who are using windows 2000 with the last blackwingcat's kernel... Does qbittorrent 3.3.12 (last version) work? It loads on windows NT 4.0 but it hangs to the first screen "legal information". I read somewhere that QT5 isn't compatible even with windows 2000, is it true? Tracing the error with ollydbg, it says me "CreateWindow() for QEventDispatcherWin32 internal window failed".

Yea, I think Qt 5 is incompatible with Vanilla Windows 2000. The last versions of Qupzilla and Dooble browser to work on W2k were Qt4-based both are now Qt 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news. In these days I worked on how to display characters correctly and finally I was able to display them correctly :) I had to updated some existing functions on gdi32.dll

OPdVbn0.png

5k7hYT1.png

Edited by junior600
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dibya said:

hi can you check whether windows media player 10 work ?

Ok, I will try it by tomorrow.

EDIT: I have rapidly tried it  before going to bed and it has installed, but it throws me an "internal" error when I try to launch it. I looked with dependency walker and there are some missing functions to the dlls it calls, so in these days I will add them and see if it works. :)

Edited by junior600
Link to comment
Share on other sites

NEWS: I was able to load windows media player 10.... It's a little buggy because there are some missing functions I have not added yet, but now it loads :)

sLw837c.png

Edited by junior600
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, junior600 said:

NEWS: I was able to load windows media player 10.... It's a little buggy because there are some missing functions I have not added yet, but now it loads :)

sLw837c.png

Looks promising, great!

Do codecs and DMO work?

Did you try playing WMA/WMV?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, 6 June, 2017 at 0:38 AM, junior600 said:

Ok, I will try it by tomorrow.

EDIT: I have rapidly tried it  before going to bed and it has installed, but it throws me an "internal" error when I try to launch it. I looked with dependency walker and there are some missing functions to the dlls it calls, so in these days I will add them and see if it works. :)

I wonder if newer Firefox (3.x - 12.0) will run with wrapper?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, junior600 said:

Well, in these days I'm in vacations so I can't work to anything xD Next week I come back and I will work on it :)

 same here with me . I am travelling around.

Happy journey 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...