Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
dacrone

DWMGlass dll issues with Explorer

When I register the DWMGlass dll file (on 2 different PCs), it disables my Open Command Prompt and Open Windows PowerShell options in the Explorer File Menu. Once I unregister the dll, all works normally (on both). Anyone else notice this?

Screenshot (11).png

I cannot confirm DWMGlass.dll has any effect on those options whatsoever. Registered or not, if starting point in Explorer is This PC before navigating anywhere else, they will remain disabled until navigating to an actual folder/drive on PC. You can't cd to This PC from command line I think. And it's logical since they're meant to open the command line in directory you're currently in. And if it can't use that, it uses last valid location from navigation history (back/forward buttons).

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

I cannot confirm DWMGlass.dll has any effect on those options whatsoever. Registered or not, if starting point in Explorer is This PC before navigating anywhere else, they will remain disabled until navigating to an actual folder/drive on PC. You can't cd to This PC from command line I think. And it's logical since they're meant to open the command line in directory you're currently in. And if it can't use that, it uses last valid location from navigation history (back/forward buttons).

True :) 

Nope. Doesn't work in any directory. And when I /u the dll, it works fine...

Then I'm afraid I can't help you with this one as I'm unable to reproduce it on my end.