Internet Explorer 11 or Trident 7 layout engine browser for Vista?

darrelljon

I'm trying to access Business Objects XI for my work on my Vista laptop. It says it requries Internet Explorer 11 but the last version that worked on Vista was Internet Explorer 9. Is there a workaround to get IE11 running on Vista? Or are there any other browsers using the Trident 7 layout engine that might support running Business Objects on a Vista machine? Lunascape, Avant, Maxthon or Sleipnir? Which would be best? I've heard Maxthon has funny ideas about user privacy.

• 1 month later...

Non-IE browsers that use the Trident engine just use whatever version is installed on your system. To get Trident 7 onto the system for them to use, you have to install IE11 first. You might be able to extract the files without installing IE11, but the Trident 7 files are highly unlikely to be able to run on Vista because of missing dependencies.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that you will ever be able to run Internet Explorer 11 nor the Trident 7 engine on Windows Vista.

Internet Explorer 11 requires Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. Internet Explorer 11 can also be installed on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016.

Edited by ppgrainbow